Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween.

Peter Pan.
Tinkerbell.

Love 'em...and am already dreaming up ideas for next year. hmm.

But...back to this year. We partied, we snacked & we played our little hearts out this month of Halloween, because really, it has been a month long celebration. Which suits me just dandy.

Between neighborhood, friends, work & church we had our fill of fun festivities. My favorite part? Trick-or-treating in our neighborhood. It was just perfect. In fact I think my sister-in-law said it best when she said, "I feel like I am on a movie set of suburbia." And while that might turn some off...I love it.

A million kids dashing in & out of the streets in their costumes. Squeals of greetings & delights over candy. Neighbors on their front porches & weather that is just brisk enough for a light jacket.

Does it get any better?

The original plan was for Scot to take Zack trick-or treating. I walked him out & ran into friends & started sending him up to doors & before I knew it I had trick-or-treated half the street & left Scot in the dust.

My excitement got the best of me.

And I returned to my mothering responsibilities & let dad have his fun too.

After trick-or-treating we enjoyed a movie on our friend's drive-way & once again I was so glad for such a fun place for Zack to grow up.

Great friends. Great memories. Happy Halloween.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That sounds perfect. I love our neighborhood too. We have a huge potluck and a bonfire in the circle. The kids are everywhere, neighbors out, yards decked out. Its the best. . . who doesn't love Halloween?

Jenna Lee said...

love the costumes...they turned out so cute, you are so talented!!

The Bates said...

Good job on the costumes! You are such a crafter! Good to hear also that the lady is doing so much better. I am glad you are getting to enjoy your time with her now.