This morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. It may have had something to do with the fact that both of my children were awake before 6am or the fact that I still had the headache I went to bed with. Regardless, I was grumpy.
But there were some shining moments that pulled me through...because my life is so hard. {that was sarcastic in the event you couldn't read that}.
But really there were. This morning I hosted play group with my "mesa" friends. Then I got 1 whole hour of one-on-one time with Livs this afternoon & tonight I went to a baby shower with some girlfriends. I was immensely grateful to not be the honored guest & to be 4 months down the road instead. But even more so I was grateful for the belly laughs that only come from girls being girls.
I have been richly blessed with good friends.
They rejuvenate the mundane & turn that frown upside down.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Forget my email- I figured it out :)
Well-said!
It really was great to hang out for just a bit last week. And so wonderful to get that conversation in about tender mercies, I think of it daily. I've just been kinda down lately-can't put my finger on the problem. Am I getting cabin fever? By Sept I'm so over this heat...maybe that's it :) Anyway, I love your blog, your humor-you say that it's "nothing exciting" but it always love it!
Post a Comment