
I have found a great find & I thought I would share it with you all. I have been trying, quite unsuccessfully to be honest, to read my scriptures daily. Scot's sister gets home from her mission at Thanksgiving & she challenged us all to start with her & finish the BofM by the time she gets home. I was glad for the extra push...I am currently in Second Nephi & I will not be starting over in the name of the challenge. Let's be honest here, we've all read First & Second Nephi zillions of times, right? Anyway, since I have been at my parents this last month I have noticed both my mom & dad toting these books. This is my new find. I've had it all of 4 days, but already I LOVE what it is doing for my scripture reading. It is called
The Book of Mormon Made Easier and it is written by David J. Ridges. There are a series of 4 books each containing different sections of the BofM...with the entire book being covered throughout the four. The books essentially provide a commentary along with the scriptures...but here is the great thing...the scriptures are in the book! So the verses (all of them!) are plopped into this great commentary. I LOVE the commentary because it isn't a bunch of historical facts (that I really don't care much about), it is the doctrinal teachings explained in plain English! I highly recommend it.
Hopefully this helps turns my unsuccessful attempts around! I love to read & to be honest, always feel bad that my scriptures aren't at the top of my reading list. I feel like I am just starting to hit a rhythm with Zack, so this is probably the best time to get this habit established. I feel like every time I sit down to read, something interrupts me...is this just me? What is the deal, here? I think that is one of Satan's greatest tools...making mom so "busy!" This week I have been trying to figure out what I am so busy doing all the time that I can't fit in 15 minutes of scripture reading. If you are having the same problem as me...grab this book next time you are at Deseret or you can even order it on Amazon, and maybe we can tackle this together!
Let me know if you have any other tips & I will keep you posted on how I do...
6 comments:
Good idea Amy! I think I should probably pick it up, since I am going through exactly what you've talked about... thanks!
PS- shame on you for making your mother piece your blocks! :P
I didn't MAKE my mother. She offered & I happily accepted! Yeah for awesome moms!
HEy thanks for sharing! I know exactly how you feel! Weve made it a goal to do it first thing when we get up in the morning before the babys up...doesnt always happen, but were trying! Ive just been reading out of the Book of Mormon for families! I cant wait to try that one out! THanks for sharing!
Thanks Amy I think I need a book like that, because I feel like I read and it just goes over my head.
Good reading suggestion. Thanks, I hadn't heard of them.
thanks for sharing this great info! great goal...it's amazing how diff it is reading the BoM cover to cover in a short period of time. the storesi just seem to flow- not to mention LIFE IN GENERAL seems to flow a lot better too! hey why not read em huh??!
Post a Comment