Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Festivities

This Christmas found Scot in bed sick with the stomach flu. yuck. Unfortunately for him, I'm not a very sympathetic person so he was basically on his own. I am happy to report that he is now feeling much better & his up and about. Christmas Eve was really his "worst" day. He did manage to find the energy on Christmas day to play a rip-roaring game of Pickle Ball (a mix between tennis & wiffle ball) with our neighbors, yet still couldn't change a diaper. Go figure.

Zack was enthralled with the wrappings & ribbons & we took advantage of that going light on his other gifts. He did get some awesome blocks that he can climb all over...they are soft, wipable, & he loves them....thanks mom. He loved watching all his cousins play about & it was nice to have him entertained!

On Christmas Eve, we all (minus Scot & a napping Zack) made it down to the bowling alley where I was the biggest loser on the first game. I literally lost to EVERYONE...even my 4 year old neice, mind you she did have bumpers, but man, that was embarrassing. I did manage to redeem myself on game 2 coming in second & breaking 100, which is always the goal. phew!

That night we switched up our usual Christmas Eve menu & did ribs, twice baked potatoes, rolls & brownies & peppermint ice cream for dessert. YUM! Kevin, of course, came up with the idea for the main course & I think it's a keeper. That night found us playing games & opening the usual pj's & ornament gifts from my mom. I love Christmas pj's! Zack was a bit of a pill since it was past his bedtime, but he managed to make it through.

Kevin & I did our usual as well...sleeping in the same room & watching movies until we fall asleep. It worked out nice because I didn't dare sleep in the same bed as Scot, so I chilled with Kev. Zack joined us bright & early & we headed down to open presents.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. My brother & sister came over with their kids & we played jump rope, pickle ball & tried to get Kevin's go-ped started...turns out it was missing one screw that prevented it from starting. We got it going today & it's a blast. We did lunch, dinner & the Suns game. I think the day would have been perfect if the Suns could have pulled out a win!

Tomorrow we're off to Utah to get in some skiing (for me) and snowboarding (for Scot). They've had tons of fresh powder & I can't wait! It's been 2 years since I've been skiing...last year found me large with child & that wasn't going to fly.

Yeah for Christmas & fresh snow! Love it.

No comments: