Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sigh.

That is about how I am feeling right now. It is 9:45 & I literally just stopped working on Christmas cards...mind you I started at 7:00. Now that I write it, I realize 3 hours isn't so bad compared to my old 8 hour day...but this is on top of an already full day.

Today found us at the zoo with those I affectionately call, my "phoenix" friends. Those whom we met while we lived in our first home, which obviously was in Phoenix. I love them & I loved living by them! It was so fun to catch up & see each others kids. Man, kids change fast! While the zoo was indeed, a blast...okay it was more like a work out with hills & strollers...it seemed to rob me of my afternoon. Zack of course was tuckered out, but only took a 90 minute nap resulting in a long & cranky afternoon. It didn't help that he fell while playing outside & really whacked his head on the concrete. Man, that stinks! I saw it out of the corner of my eye & heard the crack...I was looking for blood it sounded so bad, but thankfully, found none. Needless to say, he wasn't a happy camper after that. But we made it through another day & only two more until Scot is home...for the weekend. Then he leaves again, but this time for Texas. He's been in San Diego the last two weeks & to be honest I can't wait until the traveling is done...sometime in January...I can't keep track.

Christmas is approaching way too fast & while I'm not really doing anything for Zack (let's be honest, he'll be more interested in the paper & ribbons) I still have all the other "stuff." Which as I write this, I wonder what all that stuff is? Okay I know...it's my dad's shopping for my mom, last minute gifts, cards to address...but I suppose I am having a hard time finding the motivation right now. Too much going on, but all things I love & want to do...so I suppose I will just buckle down, get off my blog & get it done, right?

But not before a few zoo pics...
The Group...minus me & 4 other boys off running around...
Zack & the lion...he was obviously more interested in the fence.

3 comments:

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

Cute Pictures! I got your family christmas card in the mail! Very cute as well! Chad especially liked zachs fohawk. Ive been so busy lately too and all I really want to do is relax and enjoy the christmas season! It creeped up on me this year! Glad to see you and your family doing well!

Amberly said...

you'd think an exhausting morning at the zoo would provide a fabulous rest in the afternoon, but I understand your sentiment. glad you joined us anyway! good luck with all the other "stuff" that makes up this month... we wait for it all year, don't we?!

JonesFamily said...

That is so funny..my dad makes me shop for my mom too!