Housing. I hate it. I'm tired of looking. I'm tired of writing offers. I am tired of sellers. I just want to be done with it.
Yesterday, I thought I had found our gold mind. And maybe it will still work out. A spec home, close to my sister at an unbeatable price. It is new. It is clean. It is the square footage I want. It is one story. With the unbeatable price we could afford to put in a pool. I was sold. Ready to sign & close in a month. I was on cloud nine picturing summers by the pool in my OWN yard. Scot was on board & I was feeling this weight lift from my shoulders. No more Saturdays spent touring other people's houses. No more unreasonable sellers trying to sell their houses for 2005 pricing. Done. Finished. We'd have a house again.
Fast forward to this morning. I go to write the contract. Everything is dandy. I get all my questions out of the way - she is going to get the interior two-toned painted for me. All is looking well until we get to the price. It is suddenly $40,000 MORE! What? This can't be!!! I ask, double ask about what she told me yesterday. Oh, I see, you mis-spoke. Great. Is there a back room where I can go cry my guts out? No, oh, okay...I'll just wait until I get to my car.
I leave with the contract written. Unsigned but written. We hardly debate the price issue. I am horrible at negotiating for myself on the spot. So now I have to go call her. ugh. double ugh!
On the bright side, I did leave with a beach bag they gave me. I suppose I can check that off my list of things to do before we leave for Newport. Total score. (insert sarcasm here.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Grrrr....I love that you got your beach bag, but I would especially love to see you use a free bag...is it Roxy? :) If so, I can picture it...if it is a typical freebie, I want pictures of you using a promotional bag - I can't imagine the stylish Amy that I know doing such a thing. Speaking of style - I think yours has improved since high school judging by your Flashback Fridays. :)I hope the most perfect house alls in place quick! :)
Ohhh LOVELY Amy. Seriously- why do they do that?? Do you really think you 'misunderstood' her? It's one thing if she was 2-3G off...but come on! hang in there- atleast you don't have to worry about selling...right? All will work out. It really will. It definately is so great when everyone is on the same page and super excited though. Good luck!
Your San Diego pics are making me crings with excitement- we go in 2 weeks. You have such darling beach pics- and you have a rockin bod- that's not fair you mini you. You came in fun size!
Your little man is growing up- what a stud!!
Post a Comment