As I look back over the pictures I realize this is about how every Boyer family gathering goes. Swimming...eating...wrestling. I suppose Riley's birthday proved no exception! We love you Riley!!!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Happy Birthday Riley - In Pictures
Riley (the oldest Boyer grandchild) had her birthday party yesterday at my parent's pool. It was so fun! It reminded me of the parties I had for my own birthday. I think Ryan & Julie are the most like my parents of any of us. Ryan is a carbon copy of my dad & Julie has the perfectionist traits of my mom. So the party turned out similar to my 7th birthday...Ryan handled on the silly games & Julie had all the food & favors perfectly lined up. It was fun to experience the party as an adult. Here are the details in photos --
The party planners - Riley & Julie. They had every detail down!
Zack scoping out the treats. This is what he looks like when Scot gets him dressed for swimming. Mismatched swim gear with a hat on backwards. Scot said he looked cool...I only think cool if you mean in a dorky kind of way. Whatever...he's 1.
The cupcakes! They are the kids floating on tubes in water! It took Kevin a while to figure out what they were. duh.
Swimming with a balloon & dad. What could be better?
Kevin pushed Ryan in -- I photographed from a distance. Look at that form!!!
20 seven-year-olds requires a lifeguard. My dad found the highest & shadiest point for his duties. While watching all the swimmers he also found time to dump water on people's heads that happened to swim under him.
More swimming. Scot & Ryan (my sister's husband) were jumping off the diving board WITH Zack & Drew -- as in holding them. All 4 loved it.
Then came the food. This is the only nutritious thing we could get in Zack. With all the treats we were just glad he was so fond of the watermelon. He loves, loves, loves his fruit (in case you couldn't tell)!
And the entertainment. Julie was trying to get the kids to sing & dance to the Jonas Bros. Camp Rock (probably so all of us adults could laugh at them) -- the kids were a bit hesitant, so Kev & I had to show them how it was done. Although it looks like Kev is doing more flexing than singing. Big surprise there.
Kevin had to further prove his strength by beating me up. I surrender...he beats me every time & it usually hurts!
And the grandkids decided to beat up grandpa with a dog pile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like it was a happenin' party! Great to see your family!
oh, it looks like you guys have so much fun! Amy, you look like you are in jr. high in your lip syncing mode again in that pic! Where is your friend elyse in that pic? Remember from your wedding video? Anyway, looks like a way fun party, I wish I was invited! Happy b-day Riley.
Thanks for all your help at the party. The Boyer fam is really getting get-togethers down to a "T"
Post a Comment