Saturday, October 11, 2008

Boys will be Boys

Boys are a fairly new addition to the Boyer household of grandchildren. The first 4 grandchildren were girls -- so we all had 4 years with 4 girls under our belts. We've been inundated with dress ups, princesses & the ever-present "show" at every family gathering. The oldest 4 girls have grown out of the dress-ups a bit, the shows still make an appearance, but now they are into the Jonas Brothers & High School Musical -- a few things I can easily tolerate, if not enjoy. phew.

Thus far, the boys have just been along for the ride. Enduring the girliness of the family...until now. Drew has established himself as the "gamer" of the family. When Zack sees Drew up at the computer, well, by golly, he's got to get up there too. So over he slides a chair & jumps up to be a part of the action. Zack, however, has no idea how to play the game, so the conversation between these two went something like this...

D: "Zaaack! You're mesthing me up!!!" (Don't worry they both have lisps)
Z: pounds & screams in delight...he's finally playing with the big boys.
D: "Zaaack! You're mesthing me up!!!" as he grabs the mouse from Zack.
Z: "No!" as he hits Drew.
and the scuffle continues...

My sister & I were too busy laughing to even intervene. Last night they continued their antics. We were over for dinner & the adults were chatting at the table as the kids were watching cartoons. We heard all sorts of laughter & looked to see what was up. Drew & Zack are in full WWE wrestling mode & let me tell you Drew is a bruiser!!! I have no idea what prompted this but, I was slightly nervous for Zack, as he had no idea he'd just opened a can of whup $#*. Drew was pulling out head locks & basically full body slams. Zack was just laughing the whole way through. My sister-in-law noticing the size (and raw talent) discrepancy between the two commented, "at least Zack is tough enough to handle the beatings." I have to say I agree...when your a little whipper snapper you can't be a wimp on top of it! After the girls saw all the attention the boys were getting for their wrestling antics, they had to jump in on the action. 6 kids under the age of 7 going at it...let me tell you, Zack is lucky to be alive & I think Drew took down each of those girls one-on-one...doing his daddy proud, I'm sure.

Tonight Zack again was up to his crazy ways. My sister & I were downstairs finishing our dinner when we hear a HUGE thump come from upstairs. I have a 1 in 4 shot it is my kid...we wait for the cry, yep, it's Zack. He had climbed up onto the couch & was trying to walk across the back spine of it, when he totally biffed it. I think I've told him a million times not do that. After 20 minutes of crying he finally settled down...only to attempt it again 30 minutes later...looks like we've got a bright one on our hands. I have a feeling this won't be the last loud THUMP we hear. I already yanked him down from the top of the outside fireplace TWICE this afternoon, which is covered & surrounded by rocks & bricks. Glad he didn't fall there.

crazy crazy boys.

3 comments:

Julie said...

If we never have boys I will have to live this all through Zack and Drew. They are so funny, I love it! They were freakin' hilarious in the wrestling match. We just needed to add a steel cage!

Lindsey said...

That was so funny the other night. Right now Drew is downstairs crying because he keeps dying in the Sonic game for the Wii. I have to say I feel his pain, being a former "gamer" myself. Ha! It is fun to finally have some more guy stuff going on!

The Faller's! said...

Hey Amy-
SO my friend sent me this, "Nat, my friend wants to sign up for SPEEK but she wants this beneficiarary.

orphanage support service organization. the website is http://www.orphanagesupport.org/

Is there any way this could be added? Just thought I would check. Oh...I got your message...Tim is from SMS and we used to sit with him at lunch (i'm pretty sure at least). Man was that a long time ago.