I am so tired of all the doom & gloom coming from the tube & any other media outlet for that matter. Politics are crazy enough nationally & locally. Then you have the housing bust. The economy is falling apart. Gas prices soaring. On & on it goes.
My take? Life is still good. Maybe it is the ever-optimist in me or maybe it is down right ignorance on my part, but regardless, I am glad I am still seeing the glass as half full. I think life is better that way & to be honest I make a conscious choice to view it as such. It is almost a little game of mine to find the silver lining in bad situations.
So if you are tired of all the doom & gloom maybe this list of things to be glad about will help...I'm sure you can add some of your own:
-My internet is speedy & always available. I literally have the world at my fingertips. AND it allows me to work almost seamlessly from home. This is fantastic.
-The fact that I can work from home...as in I have a job in this market is great too. Even better...I typically enjoy it!
-Yesterday I took a 90 minute nap during Zack's nap. It was a much needed break & I enjoyed it thoroughly & I have no problem admitting I took a nap in the middle of the day.
-It is finally feeling like fall these days. For us zonies, this is a big one. Real big. Typically it does not cool down until Halloween -- we are still 20 days out from Halloween. YIPPEE!
-Halloween is around the corner. My favorite holiday. Enough said.
-A happy & healthy mom, dad & baby. Well at least we're mostly happy & healthy...sometimes we all do bug each other. But after Ashlee's bout with a sick family, I've learned health is a blessing not to be taken for granted!
-I am not sure if this is always a plus, but cell phones are fabulous. I can reach anyone & anyone can reach me in a moment's notice. Plans can evolve & change quickly. I can also silence it for 90 min middle of the day naps. super.
-Food is always on the table & gas in the car...and while we are definitely saving more of our pennies, I'm glad there are still pennies to be saved.
- Zack is funny. Real funny. He has the best growl/roar I've ever heard & he is not shy in showing it off.
- We just finished a fabulous weekend listening to our inspired leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Need to fill your spiritual tank? Go here.
- There are still opportunities on the horizon, which I think is the best & most important. There is more learning & growing to be done & while sometimes it might be hard, I know in partnership with the Lord I can do hard things & I am thankful for that knowledge.
And while this list might seem minor & it obviously contains some trivial things, it is the overall peace I feel regarding my life right this moment that I am most glad about. It doesn't happen often that I find that balance & then recognize it in the moment. And as I look at the world around me & my everyday life, I realize it is a miracle that I feel at peace. For that, I am glad.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
loved it. there are blessings all around us if we choose to see them. thanks for choosing that.
I so agree with you, Amy! You are wise--what a great VT companion you are!
I believe this is all part of the plan; to find the happiness and joy in the journey in spite of the last days' trials. Yes, there is doom and gloom but there is also so much of life to be enjoyed and celebrated. Thanks for sharing!
speek question for you??? when you click on the speek widget on my blog or my sisters or even yours, it doesn't let you click on the "explore this sight" link. it only lets you click on the "join now" link. just wondered if you were aware of that in case anyone wants to check out speek before they join. let me know if you know what's wrong.
I'm with you in feeling overwhelmed by the doom and gloom in the news. Nice reminder to step back and notice all the good stuff going on in our lives.
Way to go, Amy. We need more blog entries from everyone with thoughts and uplifting feelings like that. There definitely is too much doom and gloom so it is extremely refreshing to read your positive take on things. Awesome job.
awesome. . .
Post a Comment