
I went with Ashlee & Emily and I have to say the company was quite fabulous as well. I was uncertain beforehand as to why I really wanted to attend this concert...I mean, I don't even "know" the people (as in real life, face-to-face), but for some reason I kept thinking about it & kept wanting to go. I was discussing this with Ashlee this morning as we were making our plans & I think she put it best when she said she thought she'd have "an experience" by attending.
An experience we had. Mindy has a lullaby tone to her voice that is heavenly to listen to...really I should have got her CD tonight. She did a number of different songs & I think what I liked most is that she told the background on the song before she sang it. She described the point she was at in her life & suddenly her music came alive in a new way. She is so relate able to me. I learned things through her stories & her music. You can check out her music here.
The hi-light of the night was when Stephanie's 2 daughters took the stage with Mindy to sing a song that was a lullaby of sorts. It was bitter sweet & I think the entire audience shed a few tears. They were so brave up there, clutching one another's hands as they sang. It broke my heart & made me grateful all at the same time.
Here are a few things I took away from this experience tonight...
-Love yourself...your talents are needed & unique to you
-Love your relationships...that is what life is all about
-Heavenly Father hears & answers prayers
-Do a little more, be a little better
-It's okay to fall...it will help you learn to fly
-And most important...give Zack extra hugs & snuggles...even when he's being "naughty"
I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it...thanks for going with me Ashlee & Emily.
5 comments:
Ah yes, a wonderful experience it was! I really had a wonderful time and agree, Mindy's music is incedible. I have been listening to the CD all morning! : ) Thanks for the great conversation. It's been a very long time since I have been out so late and truly, it was just what I needed. Great post!
Thanks for that post Amy- I loved your insights from the concert and I found everyone applicable in my life right now!
Dang you did everything this past weekend that I wanted to do, but family came in town and I couldn't ditch out on them! I've been reading Nie Nie's blog and her sister's and they are such incredible writers and everything is so inspiring. I so wish I could have seen that concert!
Amen sister!
My brother got married at the same time as the concert..I was sooooo bummed!! I saw the clip on cjane's blog though. It was so cute. And I too want the CD now.
Post a Comment