Today I went with my parents to see the movie Australia. I had no idea what it was about other than it starred Hugh Jackman & Nicole Kidman...I assumed it took place in Australia {go figure}.Scot & Zack are in San Diego this weekend {more on that later} & I figured this was one movie Scot wouldn't want to see...so I went with my mom...and then my dad decided to come too.
I have to say it was the best movie I have seen all year. An epic. Nicole Kidman was incredible, as to be expected & Hugh Jackman the perfect hero. I will not go into any detail regarding the plot as it is best to go in not knowing anything.
I will however tell you it had me cheering out loud in parts {really, it was out loud}, on the edge of my seat, laughing & then crying & laughing again & then wondering how Nicole Kidman is so dang skinny...didn't she just have a baby???
Anyway, there is one little character that steals the show...you will want to pack him up & take him home with you! He is to die for!
The villian is the perfect depiction of evil, the love rich & the plot filled with twists & turns. Scenes of it reminded me of Gone with the Wind & actually the movie Pearl Harbor as well & I realize there isn't really any comparison between those 2 films, but whatev.
It is long -- almost 3 hours so book a babysitter, grab your hubby {or call me} & kick back & enjoy!
PS -- It is a little sketchy in the beginning...you might be confused...or have a hard time "getting into it" but just keep watching, I promise it won't disappoint!!!
4 comments:
I have heard so many great reviews from friends and family about this movie. I am dying to go and see it! We went and saw the James Bond movie the other night because we were too late to catch Australia. I was bummed! James Bond was ok but definitely not what I was in the mood for. I am hoping to hurry and catch a couple more movies before this baby decides to show up.
OOOOOH! I LOVED this movie! Such a contrast to Twilight wouldn't you say? Visually, the lighting and cinematography(?) were such a treat. And Nicole Kidman was AMAZING in the movie. So great to see a movie where people can actually act. And I was surprised by Hugh Jackman. I never felt real strong one way or the other, but loved him in the movie. Again, it is nice when people know how to act. And lastly, love the director!
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS MOVIE TOO! Thanks for raving about it...it makes me want to see it for a 3rd time! hee hee
Hmmmmmm great movie!
Post a Comment