Sunday, December 28, 2008

Monday December 22nd

Boyer Family Christmas
I was flipping through & realized I had not included the Boyer family Christmas yet on my blog. I am not quite certain why, but can only assume I got interrupted & then never returned!

Monday (the 22nd) was a busy, busy, crazy day. Scot & Zack returned home from California on a very delayed flight late Sunday night, which really turned into early Monday morning...as in 1am!!! Yikes! That makes for one grouchy kiddo!

While Zack slept in a little that morning, he was still a force to be reckoned with, which was a bummer because we had lots to do! During Zack's 45 minute nap (what is up with that???) we closed on our house, then came home to make preparations for our Boyer Family Christmas.

This year found Scot & I in Cali & my brother had his in-laws in town & so we had to move our family celebration off of Christmas day. We decided to combine it with our other family tradition of the Polar Express. Every year, we all get together to do dinner, make hot chocolate, pop popcorn & watch the Polar Express. This year, we added a bunch of presents to the mix with the cousin gift exchange as well as the sibling gift exchange. We also let Zack open his "main" present since it would be hard to travel with.I have to say, prior to the activities I was exhausted to the point of tears {that is what I do when I am tired, I cry. Well actually I'll bite your head off & then cry}...maybe that is why I skipped this entry trying to block out the bad. Zack was going on about zero sleep as was his pregnant momma that wanted everything perfect & I have to say we were quite the cranky duo! Fortunately for us both, dad got his bike put together, I got it wrapped & once everyone showed up, we both went on auto pilot!Zack was definitely excited to open his bike...I only wish I'd of had the video camera so I could have captured his "bike!" exclamations...oops. Next time. We had to lower the seat a little so his legs could reach & another inch would still be greatly appreciated, but he's getting it! This was the absolute smallest bike I could find & while I still find it odd that I was buying him a bike for Christmas at 23 months...it was what he wanted. He would beg to be pushed around on Kevin's little bike & I figured if he's already mastered the Razor so maybe, just maybe he can figure out a bike too?!?! I don't know...we'll see how he does, but it is definitely funny to see him sitting on a little bike!
And you can't tell me that isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen?? It was pouring rain, so he had to take it out to the garage to give it a good test drive...here he is on his way out.
After the gift exchange we got the kids cuddled up to watch Polar Express -- I was really thinking Zack would skip this part & head right to bed given his lack of sleep, but Riley made him a little spot next to her & he was content to lay & watch the movie like a big kid. I was just happy to sit down with some hot chocolate!
Merry Christmas!
{again}

2 comments:

Cari Jane said...

Cute Pictures! Thats exciting about your house. When do you move in???

Chante said...

Zack is one spoiled little man! I am glad all turned out great and that you had a good Christmas. I would say now relax Christmas is over, but now you have moving to look forward to! Let me know what I can do to help....I can take Zack anytime!