Monday, December 15, 2008

One Cute Cape!



Don't look too close, as there are definitely some imperfections (sorry mother!). Regardless I think it turned out cute & was quite easy. I didn't have a pattern so I just made my own...which I think about caused a heart attack for my dear mother. You must understand that every seam in her quilts matches up perfectly...she follows the pattern to a tee & pins incessantly! Really, she is known among her quilting associates as the "Queen of Pinning" which I must say served me well in this endeavor!!!

So me, in my over-confident, amateur status, who has watched masterpieces been formed from mere scraps of fabric figured a pattern was over rated. I thought this can't be rocket-science...and frankly, it is for a 2-year old!!! Anyway, it turned out okay & I was grateful to have a master seamstress at my beckoning call to help with sizing & to get the curves "just right." And I need her to work her hand stitching magic around the edge I had to leave open! Thanks mom!

I'll post the pictures & measurements of it tomorrow so that you too can make a cape...with a pattern even...well a pattern of sorts!


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Sweet! Yes, I'm sure your mom was having a few moments of stress. But it turned out darling...great job!

Our happy zoo! said...

I have had some catch up to do!! LOVE your cape you made, Miss Martha-it's awesome!! And your ward party looked amazing, don't you love AZ in December? I think it's what gets me through July & August.

And CONGRATULATIONS on the baby girl!! I am going to get started on those bows and headbands- yeaaa! You were right...I remember you saying you thought GIRL. Can't wait to spoil her!

Hope you're enjoying this beautiful season- your house is looking gorgeous...playdate there in January? LOL. Hmmm, maybe a painting party instead?!

XO