Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Birthday Boy


Our weekend in numbers:

7 days spent counting down the days until the BIG day
6:32 am wake up
1 excited boy
2 donuts delivered by nana
3 balloons tied to the donuts
6 cousins to visit
2 grandparents
1 great grandparent
24 cupcakes baked, frosted & consumed
5 pizzas
10 juice boxes
7 candles blown out {on 3 different occasions}
1 cake ruined
2 cakes bought from costco
1 emergency call to my sister to pick up last minute batteries
24 double A batteries delivered
5 near melt downs by moi
1 happy & healthy 3-year-old boy

all that & we didn't even do a 'birthday party.'

6 comments:

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Z-man- Love the superman shirt, do they come in adult sizes? I deserve one, I just need to convince Steve of it!

Ali said...

That picture KILLS me. Oh to see blue sky! I hope you look out your window every morning and soak it in. Oh oh oh how I miss it. I feel as if I will never see the sun again and it KILLS me. And Happy Birthday to Z - can't believe he's THREE! time flies!

clarke fam said...

O.K. I love that picture!!!

bryn said...

love it. what a funny description of some funny and probably not so funny moments. happy b day to your cute son.

Julie said...

And that doesn't account for the next day!!! Happy bday Z! Love that boy!

The Bates said...

Happy Birthday! I love your honesty Amy, it always makes me feel like I am normal!