Sunday, July 8, 2007

California Lovin'

This past weekend we made it over to Encinitas to visit Scot's family & attend a friend's wedding. Our trip started Thursday night with our flight delayed over an HOUR! So here we are chillin in the airport. Lovely. I have to say Zack was a superstar given the circumstances.

It was a whirlwind of a weekend (actually it has been a whirlwind of a month), but there was plenty of afternoon naps sprinkled in to make it just right!

Friday was Bones' wedding (yes, his name is actually Jeremy Bones & I can't call him anything but Bones!). He and Scot spent plenty of their college days together...with Scot living with his fam & then Bones living with us last year. He's like part of the fam & we always enjoy hanging out with him & visiting with his family. They are always good for some laughs. The best thing about Bones is that he can totally girl talk. I love it! We love his new wife Camille & let me just say she looked so beautiful throughout their sealing! Way to go Bones! We had tons of fun at both the wedding (thanks to grammy for watching Z) and the reception. It was fun to catch up with all the Cali folk and Scot was jealous of their beach lives & probably a bit disappointed he married and AZ girl (but just think...Bones married an Idaho girl!!). That is Scot's consolation...

Bones, Camille and friends from Utah the Arbuckles (I'd link you to their blog, but they don't update it!)

Zack LOVED dancing at the reception...although you can't tell from this picture. He was a party animal and hung until the bitter end to see the happy couple off!

Saturday was spent doing all the "standard" things...Scot paddling out with friends in the early a.m. while me & Z still slept, me meeting him & the Humberstones at Pipes for breakfast. An afternoon beach trip with Z (his first one!), a stop at Hansen's Surf Shop and then some shopping in the evening! That about sums up every trip home...gotta love it.

He had his eyes closed in every picture, so I suppose this one will have to do. At least he was enjoying himself. I was just trying to keep him from getting sand in his eyes. Don't mind the mouth so much, but did not want to have to deal with an eye problem...we've already tackled 2 blocked tear ducts and pink eye.

Beach Toes!

Here is Zack sporting his "Little Shredder" tee from James & Leah, isn't it cute? They are going to be starting this business here soon that will have skate apparel for infants & kids and I suppose Zack is part of their marketing plan! :) We love the tee & will keep you all posted on when their website goes live. I can't wait!

The other great thing that happened on this trip...we found some other bloggers! Yeah...so glad to know that I am not the only one filling my time this way! Check out Brittany & Joe as well as Niccole & Timmy (I am too tired to actually link them...but they are posted on the sidebar).

8 comments:

leah said...

We had a lot of fun at the wedding too. Pipes wasn't bad either.

Zack looks sooooo cute in his Little Shredder shirt. Thanks for the support guys. It's good you are in AZ.

Good luck with the move out. Keep in touch.

Summers Camp said...

Who doesn't love CA?!
Also, I love how your dresses from the wedding/reception are reversals of each other! Way to think ahead. :P

Oh, and Z-man is to die for! I love the picture of him on the beach. Too cute! And I'll definitely have to check out your friends' shop. Will is in some serious need of some pizazz. Maybe he can take some lessons from Z, while I take lessons from you!

We'll see you in a bit! *B

Sandi said...

When things finally settle down for you, your memories will be awesome. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Amy, it's Natalie from Nauvoo. Glad to hear you are having such a fun time moving in the heat! ha, ha. We just moved too. Just about everyone I know is moving this summer...
bjcjfisher.blogspot.com

Amberly said...

Hey Fabulous... in all the spare time you have right now (sense the sarcasm) I think you should design a blog header for me! Yours is absolutely darling!

Caralee said...

Amy your little family is so cute! Last time I saw you you were prego. And now to see your little guy...he is adorable! I bumped into the Hardisons blog and had a fun walk memory lane. Weren't the days of hortensia fun! Hope all is well...

The Layman Family said...

Hi Amy-
This is Melanie Layman, and I was looking around at blogs and I found yours! Question- how did you make your header? That is SO cute? Let me know if you don't mind. mnlayman@yahoo.com
Thanks girlie. It looks like your fam is doing great. Brooke and Zack were born on the same day...kinda fun! We're in the same stages and I just love it!

cassi said...

Amy, This is Cassi - one of your old Foxwood roommates! I found your blog from a link off of my friend Stephanie's. Your little boy is adorable!!! I love the cute beach picture of him. Here is my blog http://theormefamily.blogspot.com/
Oh, remember the fun times we had! :)