Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Daily Gems

On lds.org you can sign up to receive daily emails (gems) with quotes & inspirational thoughts for your day. Today's was especially great...

"As we study and ponder, we are entitled to the promptings of the
Spirit, and as we grow more attentive to these promptings, we come to
recognize each day the workings of the Lord in our lives. We will find Him,
as Elder Neal A. Maxwell stated, 'in the details of our lives'
("Becoming a Disciple," Ensign, June 1996, 19). And when that
recognition comes, we feel His peace and recognize that we are truly
encircled in the arms of His love."

I love the part saying, "We will find Him in the details of our lives." Sometimes I think I get caught up in praying about the big things & forget the small details. I am trying so hard to recognize the Lord more in my day to day happenings & you know what? He's there. When I stop trying to control every aspect of my day on my own & just turn it over to the Lord, it always works out better...unexpected sometimes, but better.

I also like the part that says, when we are studying & pondering we are entitled to the promptings of the Lord. I am probably kind of a dork about this, but sometimes I find myself thinking, "Oh I don't want to be a bother to the Lord, I'll just handle this on my own." Weird? Probably. It is reassuring to know that we are actually entitled to those promptings, so I figure I may as well take advantage, right?

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Thank you for sharing the quote! Justin has a theory that most of us leave blessings on the table and don't utilize prayer and faith as much as we can. He has often said that the Lord will bless us as much as we allow him to and I think you are right in getting help with the little details.

Sandi said...

That is so great. The little things are often overlooked (or we spend too much time on them and miss the hand of the Lord). Thanks for sharing.

Amberly said...

I've decided if he's offering to help, I need him or his angels right beside me all the time! Big or little, I'll take the blessings! Thanks for the reminder.

Becky said...

Love that quote! I agree that we try to limit the Lord's influence in our lives sometimes...what a great reminder to get the help He is offering! Thanks!

Also, love the Santa pictures :) Merry Christmas! (did I use enough exclamation points in this comment or what?)