Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Skinny Girl - Mixed Reviews

After a nasty comment regarding my Skinny Girl post, I feel like I have to explain myself. Why I have to explain myself on my own blog, I don't know, but here I am doing it!

I understand how that post could have come across as offensive or puffed up, but I suppose it was my silly way of conveying a lesson that I learned. It isn't fun to be singled out for whatever reason -- even if the reason is generally accepted as a "good thing." This experience will serve as a reminder to me to try to be more kind towards others & more inclusive of those around me. I think that is a good thing. I, however, was not trying to make light of other's struggles, I apologize if that is how it came across. That is not nice!

In regards to making nasty comments on other's blogs under the name "anonymous" I don't think that is a good thing. For starters, if my blog bugs you...please stop reading it. Or better yet, don't leave the comment, but pick up the phone & just tell me you think I'm a dork & to get over it. It is OK if we have different opinions on the matter.

We are now moving on.

5 comments:

Chante said...

Wow, is all I have to say! Seriously, what was up with that comment? Anyone knowing you would not even think the way that person did. I totally understand your frustrations and that would totally bug me being singled out like that no matter what the comment is. I think you explained yourself well and you really didn't need to. We all know you and know you weren't fishing for compliments. Seriously!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

well i didn't read the comment, but from what i have read so far think it is so lame.
i hate annoyomous commenters... for real, get some you know what...

for what it is worth i think you are darling!

Nattie said...

I didn't get to see the anonymous comment, but it sounded spicey. I've always been known as the tall one and other such variations. I know my daughters will have the same problem growing up and it makes me sad for them. How does one counteract that and make them feel like it's not a big deal when they're 13? I don't know.

I had a friend once say that God gave her the body she had because He loved her. I thought that was an interesting perspective. Being tall will give me/them opportunities that others won't have and it's the same for you 'skinny girls.' :)

The Bates said...

Ha! That is too funny. I find humor in their anger. I love that someone seriously reads your stuff and gets pissed. What a lame-o! I think your blog is absolutely fabulous and I am endlessly entertained by reading it. Your post was not offensive.

Teagan said...

crazy!! I didn't see the comment but really if that person really knew you they would just think all this was harmless...and really I can relate-not with the the skinny girl comments-But with other things people might say... sometimes people don't think what they say might be very uncomfortable and cutting. I am totally behind you. love ya