Friday, January 23, 2009

Family Home Evening

I am doing a Family Home Evening group swap where you make 10 of the same lesson & then you all swap each others.

I need help.

Any great ideas?

Just something to get me started???

What do your kids love?

9 comments:

Ashlee said...

I don't know how fancy you want to be but Jackie Malone has one she bought from Hatch Patch that is a baseball theme. The fun part is that she bought bases at the $1 store. For every question answered, the kids run bases. PS I enjoy your blog far more than you hear from me.

Amberly said...

what the f? this is a totally annoying post written by a totally annoying girl who has a totally annoying blog!! I don't know how you live with yourself, really.

Amy said...

I KNOW! Although if it is so annoying why are you still reading???
haha. It's better to be annoying than dumb...right?

Love ya.

Teagan said...

hey girlie... I had a lot to catch up on, on your blog... (LOVE the HOME)
i was wondering how long did it take you to do your blurb/blog book?

Julie said...

Ames, I have a couple fun books that have good ideas for FHE in the back. I'll bring them Monday. Also, love sugardoodle.net

Becky said...

I just emailed you FHE's for a year. Finding lessons for my little ones are hard.. they have to be short, sweet and straight to the point! But it's a good habit to start.

WHO is Amberly?? That's an ODD comment. Do you know her?

Amy said...

Don't worry...Amberly & I are good friends. She is making reference to another anonymous comment that was left on my blog about my Barbie post.

Becky said...

Good!! I was a little worried there!! And yes, wondering why she was even bothering to look at your blog if it bugged her. I love your blog Amy, it makes me laugh! :)

Summers Camp said...

I made a Mormon Memory Matching game. Will loves it! Sometimes we will pick a card to center the lesson around (since his attention span is less than five minutes). So, for example, one FHE the lesson was about scriptures. Any time the scripture cards (BoM or Bible) were flipped, Brad and I would talk about them being "the word of God" and then we would quiz him about it. It works for almost anything (prophet, pioneers, prayer, etc.)! And of course, no FHE is complete without the Popcorn OR Sunbeam song ;)

Hope that helps! *B