Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Grateful

Last night I went to bed with a stomach-ache (I know sounds like a 6 year old diagnosis, but that's the best word I can come up with) and a tooth-ache. Needless to say, sleep was a hard time coming & intermittent. My mind tends to run at night and as I am already considered a higher risk pregnancy...the weird stomach-achy thing sent my mind a spinning. Then, during one of those brief sleep moments I had a dream that Zack was shaking the ironing board & the iron on top was hot...so I jolted out of bed, only to realize it was a dream & I had just forcefully woken myself up from that prized sleep I was so desperately seeking.

I woke up this morning tired and with a stomach-ache & tooth-ache. I called my dentist at 7 am...I figured the sooner I saw him the sooner the pain may go away. He was able to fit me in at 7:40 if I could make it. Blessing #1.

Then I called my dearest sister, who always rescues me, to see if I could drop Zack off at 7:30...she was driving carpool that left at 7:30, but Zack was welcome to join the ride. Blessing #2.

At the dentist, I was prepared to hear that I needed a root canal...but hoping to hear I had a cavity. Instead I heard that because of my cold the last 2 weeks my sinuses were all built up & thus causing the pressure on this particular tooth. Advised to take some decongestant & it will settle down on its own. Blessing #3. Mind you the pain is still lingering, but I'll take this over a root canal, cavity...or whatever else it could have been.

With my lingering stomach-ache carrying Zack has been very uncomfortable. I am attributing my stomach-ache to muscle pulls (that is kind of what it feels like) resulted from moving the last 2 weeks & lifting things I probably shouldn't have been & you know, the occasional moving of furniture that I probably shouldn't be. Good thing today was our ward park day. Zack played his little heart out, which required little lifting on my part & no stress on my patience which is being eaten up by all these aches & he is thus taking a superb nap...in fact he's still sleeping...3+ hours! This made my 2 hour self-prescribed bed rest & take it easy time...well, quite enjoyable & much needed. Blessing #4.

Upon re-entering the world from my 2 hour stupor, my sister-in-law called. They are going to be on this side of town & she wondered if they could come over & pick up something for dinner. Hmmm...a playmate for Zack, I don't have to cook dinner & I get to eat in good company? Count me in. Blessing #5.

While today has been riddled with aches & pains & some worries associated with those aches & pains I'm glad to see the Lord's hand in my day. I am so truly grateful that I can see His hand amidst the all the rubbish. It's been a good day.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Great attitude! At first I was thinking. . . I didn't bring dinner. Hah! The OTHER sister in law! Obviously she's a little more "in tune" to helping others than I am!

Nicole said...

I hope your stomach pains go away soon. I remember having "muscle stretching" pains as well. Once they were so bad I totally lost control of my leg and fell in the grocery store :) very embarrassing! - so try not to "over do" it (like walking around is overdoing it or something) while in public. :)

Natalie said...

good to recognize these blessings. we all have them, just sometimes our eyes aren't open. thanks for your view.

Sarah Hawkins said...

Glad you had a good day! Your house looks great!

Chante said...

Sad that you aren't feeling great and have tooth issues, but at least you do have some good fortune along with it! When can I come over...yes I am inviting myself because I really want to see your house!