With so many changes thrown his way & to do tasks on his list {moving, big boy bed, potty training, nixing the thumb} & a huge pregnant mama, sometimes my patience has been cut short with him & all the "stuff". When it hit that soon there were be another babe to the mix, it got me a little sad for the little Z man. So this past week I've been soaking up the Z.
Since his thumb accident {which is all healed now} he hasn't been a thumb sucker!! It's been rough...as I think you could gather from my previous posts that were verging on insanity, but really in all seriousness...Zack has done awesome. He does require me to lay with him while he gets his wiggles out for naps, but it usually only takes 15 minutes & frankly, I kind of enjoy it. I can usually use the 15 minute break & Zack is finally somewhat snuggly & he does some hilarious things while trying to get his wiggles out. One day he lifted his arm up & tickled himself..."ticky, ticky, ticky," as he giggled at his own antics. And everyday he pretends to call Scot & tell him he is going night nights. He holds his little hand up to his ear & starts each conversation with a gleeful, "Hi Daddy! Followed by, "uh-huh...no...oh, okay....going night-nights...yeah...okay...bye Daddy!"

Mostly we've been enjoying the fabulous weather! Eating popsicles, playing with the hose & going to the park with friends. I swear this kid has endless energy...I can't keep up anymore! He's been riding his Razor lots {mostly to the park} & I really can't keep up with him when he is on that thing. He is usually 2 houses ahead of me going "fast" as he likes to say. I've had to try & teach him where to stop & wait...the yellow bumps...you know the ones before you go into the STREET! Needless to say, he makes me a little nervous on the thing. He doesn't fall too often on it...and when he does they aren't bad ones, but I worry about drivers not seeing him. I mean, he's all of 2 1/2 feet tall zooming by on a razor. What driver is expecting that?!? Scot had a dream the other night that someone backed out of their driveway & hit him...which is a scarily real possibility as he is usually riding way ahead of me. I don't know that I could even yell loud enough to prevent that one. Soo today Scot found this at Target...
I don't know which is more funny him in the helmet or the look on his face. It reminds me of a "first day of school" picture. Anyway, the elbow & knee pads are a bit much, but they came with the helmet & there was no way Zack wasn't going to wear the full gear. Zack thinks his helmet makes him ride faster. A classic parental lie, right?Here he is in action...
Oh man...he is one funny kid.
2 comments:
holy crap, that is hilarious! now I just want to be your neighbor so I can hang out with him. so so so funny that scot bought a helmet, but not a bad idea... he's so dang cute!
Little Z is a Pro on the razor for sure!
Post a Comment