And then she cries at 3 am & I get out of bed, feed her & rock her back to sleep.
Crawl back into bed next to the man who lays next to me...who is completely oblivious that I've been awake in the other room taking care of our daughter for the last 45 minutes.
Then his mini me gets up at 6 am on the nose, as he does just about every morning, opens his door & closes it with a slam. Isn't that a great wake up call?
I roll over & inform that man that he's on call this time and close my eyes again.
One hour later I must wake up, as I have gained a new bedmate. He's two & watching cartoons all "snuggly" in my bed & now he wants a drink. I must comply.
When I walk into the kitchen it looks like a tornado hit. I went to bed with it clean & sometime in the night {I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was during the 6 am to 7 am hour} it got completely destroyed. I suppose that is what happens when you leave 2 boys alone in the kitchen for an hour.
I bring back the requested water & do my best to get my body moving. I'm tired today.
But realize that with the newest one still sleeping I can make some headway on the tornado that is now mine. One minute into my clean up...she's up. Hungry & wet.
After she's taken care of I really think I should start cleaning, but instead we {meaning the 2 year old & I} decide to go on a walk. He rides his razor, I push the double jogger. We stop for 10 minutes to watch a house being built & to examine several bugs. He razors some more, then decides to climb in the stroller. It's hot. I haven't showered in 2 days & feel gross. But we make it home & the baby is sleeping.
Let Scoobs fingerpaint Father's Day cards...adding to the tornado.

Continue to abandon the tornado, this time for breakfast {used the last of the milk, was at the store yesterday!} a phone call with my mom and then a shower. Oh a shower. Love it, even got carried away & shaved my legs.
The baby is up. I hurry to dry my hair & then feed her. The kids play while I again abandon the tornado that is staring me in the face to wrap presents & get to the post office so they can go out today. {Father's Day Sunday}
The baby is now crying, which makes the 2 year old cry. I'm still wrapping & addressing & dishing out snacks that I normally don't allow.
Load up the kids. Still crying. Battle the 2 year old to get buckled.
No make up. Hair in a pony tail...BUT at least a clean one, and we are off, hoping we don't run into anyone we know.
Get to the post office...run into not one, but two people I know. Every other time the place has been empty. Of course. Thank heavens I have a newborn along with me!
Then to the grocery store. One melt down from a certain little boy & we have everything we need for the next couple of days...hopefully.
Get home. House looks like this:

Baby crying again. I really need to stay home so she can get in her naps.
Hold her. Get lunch for Scoobs. Start picking up the messes.Feed her. She goes down for a nap. Keep cleaning. Vacuum. Realize I forgot one thing in the just mailed packages. Measure our car hitch for an upcoming vacay. Battle Scoobs over lunch. Finally he eats. A sippy of milk. He's down for a nap.
Quiet. Clean. Alone.
Was informed of $38 flights to California...wishing, so wishing I had a reason to pack just myself up & go.
Footloose & fancy free, I miss you...but don't want you back.
Well just not yet.
5 comments:
Funny thing.... I think you just described my day!! You gotta love it
Thanks for keeping it real! At least I know unedited what I have in store for me.
I miss you. seeing as both of us are running around these days like chickens with their heads cut off, I doubt I'll see you anytime soon... but I still miss you.1
I love it! A great description to how days so often go!
i love it makes me want another one =) that was great and a true mommy perspective!
Post a Comment