Sunday, July 5, 2009

Swim...Eat...Repeat.

That about sums up our 4th of July weekend this year. The weekend started on Thursday the 2nd. Dad was off work for both Thursday & Friday & boy did I put him to work. Okay, not really, but I did make him mow both lawns in the scorching heat!

The fun really started on Friday when we met his parents at the resort they were staying at for some pool time.

The hi-light was the water slide & the the glass bridge.

Then on Saturday we headed over to my parents for a huge 4th of July BASH! I think this year's celebration took the cake. My parent's invited over some other neighbors that had the unfortunate opportunity to still be in town for the heat wave & we lived it up by the pool.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my parent's pool/backyard set up? If not, let me reiterate that it is most divine.

Zack's latest trick...
We had ourselves a rip roaring water basketball game & while I was intending to sit on the sidelines I was called up from the D-League due to odd numbers of the menfolk. I had the duty of guarding one of Kevin's "smaller" friends...who is still much larger than myself. Needless to say, I am a bit sore today from all of my efforts. Does that mean I am getting old?!? Geesh.

It was a most wonderful holiday, void of pictures, but so very much enjoyed.

No comments: