Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Lady @ 5 Months.


Sweet Livs. The past 5 months have felt more like 10 & I must admit...it's not all you. In fact, I think you & I have finally worked out all our kinks. I'm not announcing your achievements quite yet, because well frankly, I've had my hopes up before only to have them dashed.

But I will not hesitate to say this last week you have been a delight. a pure delight. Oh I love saying those words.

At 5 months you are still a little peanut...weighing only 11 lbs, 5.5 oz. You have yet to double your birth weight & you are known around these parts as Polly Pocket...as you fit right in the pockets of our arms. You are still wearing size 0-3 months clothes...and frankly, I wish you'd grow just a teensy ting bit so that you could sport some new outfits. Sorry sweet miss...but it looks like you might be tiny for life.

You are cooing, babbling & squealing on a very regular basis. You have your brother wrapped around your fingers, and you don't even know it yet. Your thumb is your finger of choice, but you've ben known to suck them all...just this morning you settled on your right index finger and sat and gave it a good long suck.

But more importantly you are happy & healthy & just perfect for me. You push me harder than I liked to be pushed at times, but those are just growing pains on my part. I'm grateful for you. You have reminded me that I am happiest when I am just a mom. No need for frills & thrills...I'd rather sit on the lawn with you & watch your latest attempts to scoot, kick & roll.

I love you little lady & am secretly glad you are still so small...more time to treat you like a snuggly newborn!

Here you are today...

a little blurry...but what's not to love?

Thumb suckers...we are 2 for 2 thus far.


lovely little lady.
i love your guts.

5 comments:

Julie said...

She's so cute!! (nice outfit :) )
Is the medicine working? I just see those pictures and can't imagine anyway she would be a difficult baby. :)

Chante said...

I can't believe it has been 5 months! Crazy!

Debbie said...

Sweet Livs! Just a little peanut to hug and love!

Alyssa said...

Love her face!! Such a cutie!

Arian said...

Wow, Amy, she is beautiful. I can't believe she is five months old already! Time sure does keep flying by. We need to get our wee ones together sometime. I bet my boys could wear Zach out for you. :)