Thursday, April 1, 2010

We've Been Sick

For 1 week now.

One solid week of sickos.

And for that I am somewhat grateful...

Last week Olivia hit her noggin' twice. Yes, that's right twice. Once at the park on concrete. Once at home {compliments of a shove from Zack} on the tile.

The latter one happened on Friday & on Friday night she started vomiting. And while I was certain she had a bug, I still had to take her in to the ER to have a CAT scan to be 100% sure those falls didn't cause any more trauma to her sweet little head.

So Friday night at 9:30 my brother-in-law came over to stay with Zack {Scot was out of town until the next morning} while I trouped to the ER...again.

I felt like mother-of-the-year as they peered at me with their heads cocked questioning her injuries. "You mean, she already has a skull fracture?" Yes. Yes. That's right. "And she fell again?" Yes. Yes. Believe it or not, we actually try to do some living at my house & sometimes it includes a baby exploring her world only to have her come crashing down, try as we might to keep her contained, she just ain't having it!

Thankfully, the test came back a-okay & we were sent home with an awesome stomach bug.

From her it went to Zack & then to me. Scot got home just in time to mop up all the messes & do the 263 loads of laundry. We were a complete mess. At one point in the middle of the night on Saturday I was literally laying on my bathroom tile to cool myself off.

Yes, it was that bad.

I spent most of the day Sunday sleeping in my bed with Olivia. Poor girl was so lethargic & tired she just stayed cuddled up all day dozing in & out. And while I was so sad she was so sick, I was happy for her company in my sicky bed...because I wasn't about to get out of it myself.

And while I initially thought it would be of the 24 hour variety, this bug came & set up camp all week. Thankfully, I've been able to function, but my poor kiddos have continued with tummy aches, no appetites, no energy & have just felt all around crummy.

I've been glad that Zack can at least tell me what the problem is. He can say, "I'm going to throw up" & I can hand him a bowl & the mess can be avoided. But sweet Livs has just been a guessing game. She goes 24 hours without throwing up & we increase her diet & then 10 hours later, she is throwing up again. So we've had to take it slow, but I am crossing my fingers that it is gone for good this time.

No comments: