Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Zack.Swims.


Zack started swim lessons today and after screams last year I was prepared for at least a few tears & some hesitation. But instead of that, I was greeted with a happy boy who jumped right in & got to work. He is swimming with kids a year older than him & working hard to keep up.

For whatever reason he is always playing with kids 1, 2 or 3 years older than him. It is kind of funny. Before swim lessons we had a fun playgroup at the park with our 'mesa friends' and instead of digging in the dirt with the other 2-3 year olds, Zack was on the tire swing & climbing trees with the 4-5 year olds.

This is a regular occurrence in most park settings & it always intrigues me. We have several friends that have both a 5 year old and a 3 year old & Zack hardly notices the 3 year old exists. The only 3 year old I can think of that he will choose over anyone is his friend Krew...he is his favorite.

Regardless of who he plays with I'm glad he plays so hard. He is always up for some fun & it is fun to see him always in the thick of things.

Good job today Zack.

No comments: