Thursday, April 26, 2007

To Cut or Not to Cut...You Decide

Zack has been known for his hair from day one...and I must admit he's got some lucious locks, that seem to have grown overnight! Now we have a dilemna. When do we cut it??? I certainly don't want him mistaken for a girl...hence the mohawks and manly outfits. However, his hair is beginning to get so long that his mohawks droop! We can't be having that! Scot is anti-cut...I am pro-trim. The problem with a trim is that it is going to be very difficult on a baby that can't quite hold his head up or still for that matter. A trim involves scissors (as opposed to clippers) and thus requires even cutting...hmm. What's your vote? Weigh in by leaving a comment & I'll let you know what we decide.

THE HAIR...DAY ONE

THE HAIR...8 WEEKS

THE HAIR...12 WEEKS
If only my hair grew this fast!

8 comments:

Summers Camp said...

Hmmmm, I see your dilemma... I say trim it, only because I know how unwilling you are to let it get long (even thought it's such pretty hair!)! You can do it, or have a professional do it. Whatever you decide, good luck!

Anonymous said...

I vote trim - only because you don't want it to get to ponytail length. That would be when the whole boy thing would go out the window, despite all the manly outfits :-)

Kristy

Bri said...

amy- bring him down and i will cut it. FOR FREE!!! he needs a trim no clippers and it would be easy! hes zack not zackareena. plus talking to lins now and she dittos the vote!!!

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

I am the opposing force here... I AM WITH SCOT :). I absolutely ADORE his hair, and might actually squeal with delight every time I see a new picture of those locks!

Plus, he dresses way to "manly" to be mistaken as a girl. I say wait at least a little longer. PRO HAIR!!!!!! :)
XOXO,
-Brooke

Sandi said...

My favorite picture of my son, who is now 40, is the one we took in the barber chair when he was 1 month old. I am sitting in the chair, he is on my lap, the barber turned on the clippers to just shave up the neck so it was a manly haircut and he fell immediately asleep. The barber didn't charge me because it was the youngest haircut he had ever given.

Whatever you do, have fun doing it.
Sandi

Amberly said...

Hmmm.... Baby hair is so soft and never stays that way forever, so I'm tempted to let it stay, but I understand your issues about letting it get too long. I think a small trim is in order, as long as you find someone to do it that you're really comfortable with. If you just do it, Scot won't be able to do anything about it! Is that the right approach?? Hmmm...

leah said...

Just a little trim wouldn't hurt. I have to say that I am a bit jealous of Z's hair too. He's lucky.

pastafor5 said...

I'd say the hair is not the only thing growing on that boy!!! Gosh, Amy, he's gotten big and round! So cute. I say cut the hair, if YOU want. You're the one taking care of him and taking him out in the world mostly. This is the first time I've checked your blog. I figure I will find out more info than hearing it from your mom!