Monday, March 17, 2008

Ahh Sweetness!

http://www.theflowerexpert.com/media/images/aboutflowers/stateflowers/floridastateflowers/florida-state-flower.jpg
For those of you who may not know what that picture is of, it is an orange blossom. They are divine & filling the 15 trees in my parents yard. The smell, combined with the cool, crisp air of morning, is heavenly! Gold Canyon Candles have tried to bottle it for enjoyment year round & it is a close replication, but nothing compares to the smell of millions of orange blossoms in bloom. It is truly one of my favorite things. I always remember them blooming over Spring Break & when we would come home from our trip we'd all roll down the windows as we drove through the groves on our way home...soaking in the splendor. This morning, Zack & I gave our noses a treat on our morning walk through the orange trees. Love spring!

3 comments:

The Malone's said...

I love the smell of orange blossoms and look forward to when out lemon tree finally will pop out those wonderful smelling flowers.

Ali said...

This is one of the things I miss most about AZ! I wish I could be there to enjoy! Ali

Chante said...

Whenever we would come visit AZ it was in the spring and it smelled like the orange blossoms and I loved it, so the smell totally reminds me of just relaxing and lounging by the pool! I love it!