For those of you who don't know me let it be known I am a nap nazi. It is a requirement. No ifs, ands or buts about it. I don't skip naps. I don't interfere with naps. And thus the scoobs is a glorious napper. And I've paid a price to be here.
Today it is all coming undone. My perfect schedule. My perfect little napper has been destroyed. All from a damn scab on his thumb.
Currently my former perfect napper is crying in his room. With no thumb to soothe him, sleep is a hard time coming. I've read to him, sang to him, lied with him & snuggled him. I even let him take a sippy of milk with him. All to no avail. 1 hour & 15 minutes later, I've locked the door in hopes he will tire himself into a sleep oblivion.
He's crying.
I'm crying.
My world as I know it is coming to an end. Or so it feels.
However...I am NOT giving up on his naps. I have exactly 7.5 weeks to get him back on schedule before this baby gets here. Pray for me. Send me good thoughts. Wish me luck. And then pray some more.
And in case you were wondering...potty training is going well. At least there is something we are making progress on.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Brady is 4 and is still sucking his thumb, I am not even going to mess with that! I too am a nap nazi! Messin with nap time is hard, especially when you are pregnant and tired! Sorry!
My scoobie needs his Nana!!! Give him kisses.....baby don't last forever!
Hang in there girl. This happens every now and then with every child...every stage.
That's great news about the potty training! We aren't that far yet. We're in the "let's just talk it up" stage. So we talk about going potty, talk about treats....but I can't muster up the strength to monitor such a job right now. I'm barely hanging on with everything else.
BTW, great party the other night! It was fun, and such a special treat (for Linds and for everyone else).
Post a Comment