Sunday, May 3, 2009

Choosing Happiness.

I have long felt like happiness is a choice in this life. We can choose to be happy or we can choose to be miserable. I've hesitated in the past to even post my thoughts about this because I realize I live in circumstances where happiness is an easy choice to make. I'm not starving. I have a roof over my head. 2 healthy children. I live in easy conditions.

But in my current situation I am finding I am having to make more of an effort to be happy. My delivery & thus far recovery with this baby have been harder, much harder than it was with Scoobs. Part of it is probably that I have Scoobs to run around after, but I know there is more to it as well.

I've had more minor complications this go around {like the 2 spinals & resulting soreness in my back} & don't feel like I am completely here mentally yet. My head is still foggy & I am finding that I am having a hard time putting the puzzle pieces together.

I find myself missing my "old" self, which I'm not even certain that "old" self will ever resurface.

I realize this is a new challenge for me.

My limits are being tested.

The adversary would have me believe I can't do it.

But I can.

And I can do it happily.

Two quotes to live by this week:

"Some pursue happiness -- others create it."

My dear sisters, I have a simple faith. I believe that as you are faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, as you draw closer to Him in faith, hope, and charity, things will work together for your good.14 I believe that as you immerse yourselves in the work of our Father—as you create beauty and as you are compassionate to others—God will encircle you in the arms of His love.15 Discouragement, inadequacy, and weariness will give way to a life of meaning, grace, and fulfillment.

As spirit daughters of our Heavenly Father, happiness is your heritage.

You are choice daughters of our Heavenly Father, and through the things you create and by your compassionate service, you are a great power for good. You will make the world a better place. Lift up your chin; walk tall. God loves you. We love and admire you.

--President Uchtdorf

No comments: