
I'll be honest...the recovery with the miss has been a bit rougher than it was with Scoobs...both physically & emotionally. My incision is worse this go-around & frankly, chasing a two-year-old in between hasn't helped. My emotions have seemed to be on a roller coaster as well as I grapple with my physical inability to take care of Scoobs how I want to. It's a bummer.
Thankfully, Scot's mom was in town & "on duty" round the clock with Scoobs. I think it's fair to say, he wore her out...as well as the rest of us. Since then my mom has picked up where she left off. Thank heavens for our moms...or where would I be?!?
With all the help you'd wonder why I've even struggled a bit, but I've found myself torn between the two kids. Who goes first? Who gets my full attention right now? Who has to cry?
I'm not used to struggling with these kinds of things. I'm a straight forward...it is what it is kind of girl & I realize that neither of them are going to die from a few tears, but man, it's been harder than I thought.
And while there has been some wallowing on my part, there has also been lots of progress.
When I felt myself really struggling on Sunday I called my dad & Scot {they were at my nephew's baby blessing} and had them come home afterwards to give me a blessing. I did not want to continue in my wallowing & I knew I needed some extra help there as well as some help in my physical healing.
The mantra that has continued through my head since then is, "Tomorrow is always better than today." When I feel myself getting tired. When the pain starts to set in. When I can't quite help Scoobs the way I want to. I remember tomorrow will be better than today.
That is the miracle of the human body. Really, the healing of the human body is miraculous to me. Every day there is a marked improvement from the day before. Yesterday I managed to lift Scoobs into his chair at the kitchen table...I couldn't do that a few days before. I also managed to sleep in my own bed again...prior to last night I couldn't get in & out of my own bed...it's too high & too soft. But last night...I managed it.
Everyday is getting better.
And everyday I enjoy this girl more & more. Last night I missed out on some extra sleep & just held her for a couple hours...she hasn't gotten enough of that treatment!
How cute is she? She has been a perfect little gem. She doesn't fuss unnecessarily & she's already finding her fingers...go baby go!
She's also shown that she can hang by the pool. Phew. That is a biggie around here.And the best part? Tomorrow will be even better.
PS: If you know my kiddos by name, that is probably because I like you. Please don't refer to them by name in your comments. Thanks!
9 comments:
you're giving me deja vu! I'm sorry it's been rough, but I appreciate the insights you've been having. I love that we have that chance over and over to make tomorrow better than today.
You look great in that picture! You are a wonderful mom--seriously. I always think you do a great job meeting Scoobs needs and making everything so nice for your family. Hang in there!
P.S. Love the thumb searching. Finger suckers make the BEST babies!
She is so cute and you look great. Hang in there it does get better everyday. I had a hard time taking care of Payton like I wanted to after I had Kayda, but everyday it did get better.
Oh man, I just got all caught up. I cannot wait to hold that sweet little gal, but now I just have to wait for this flu-ish deal that I have to leave me alone! I sure won't be bringing that around to your house... it's bad. In the meantime know that we love you guys and that I am dreaming of what it would be like to have a baby with a luscious head full of hair!
i can almost taste what your life is like right now.
it IS hard. loving more than one is a challenge. the fact that the love is there is not a question or struggle. it's the battle of figuring out how to evenly disperse it. i would get what i liked to call "sun downers", every night for the first few weeks postpartum. i would cry because i just felt so.. guilty, and out of place.. and CRAZY. and then the next day would come, and i would feel better.. just to crumble down again as the sun left.
funny thing, that sun...
you WILL figure this all out. and pretty soon little miss will feel like she has always been there.
miss priss is beautiful!
hang in there.. you are in the hardest part. tomorrow is just around the corner.
Ohh Amy.... I feel for you!! I can tell you it get's better, when you get into the swing of things. I felt the same way, I always felt like one was getting less attention than the other, and I felt bad for Carter because his life just got tutned upside down!! Hang in there!!! Oh, and the little one is precious!! I wish I knew her name!!!!
Amy....not to worry! You are doing a wonderful job. Just another thing to conquer!
It's the age old problem. One day at a time, you will do it right. Now, as for Missy, oh my gosh, she is cute and you look great, thanks to your Mom for caring for you.
She is SO adorable!!! Hopefully you will be coming up here to Utah this summer??? Congrats!!!
Post a Comment