Friday, May 1, 2009

The Sis Has Arrived

and all is well on the home front.

Our appointment for the C-Section was at 6 am, which meant we had to be at the hospital at 4 am, which meant we had to be up at 3:30 am.

Sigh.

But we did it & I figured better to get it done & over with than have to sit an entire day anticipating it, which I think is the worst part.

When we got to the hospital, they got me all checked in & squared away...the blood drawn, the IV's in {ugh} & I met the "team" that would be delivering my baby. My mom showed up & her & Scot were laughing, chatting & taking pictures of me in my unhappy state.

Truth be told...about this time the panic started to set in. All the C-section memories from Scoob came rushing back & in my head I was trying to think of something...anything to get me out of being wheeled down that hallway.

And while I didn't have to be wheeled {they let me walk myself to my own doom} I was still frantic. I was giving myself mental pep talks..."It will be fine....just think, soon this will be all over...you won't be pregnant anymore...take a deep breath...just relax."

I have to say the pep talks worked. I managed to get through my spinal not only once, but twice. Lucky me got two! I was initially scared to have the second {since they didn't give me enough on the first & I could still feel things}, but the first was working enough that I didn't even feel the 2nd. And after that...I hardly even felt the pressure. Maybe 2 is the way to go.

The delivery went smooth & she was out in what seemed like no time...belting out a serious cry. They brought her around to let me take a peek & then she was off to get cleaned up...after which I was able to see her again for a second.
She & dad went out to the recovery room to wait for me to get all put back together again & then I could join them.

Let me tell you...I was thrilled to get on the other side of those operating doors!!! Phew.
A little swollen...but oh so glad to be on the other side of the surgery! We hunkered down in the recovery room for about an hour while the missus got her bath & fed. With Scoobs I missed all this while I was in surgery...they have since changed the procedure & I have to say it is much better. I sat & ate ice chips while she got her bath. perfect.Scoobs came to greet his sissy shortly after we made it to our room & he did awesome. He was, of course enamored with all the cords & machines, but seems to have taken a liking to her as well.
We had all sorts of other visitors as well...namely these two...
and this guy.

We made it home today & are trying to get settled in as a family of four. I'm not certain what to call the miss on here, yet...but she is fantastic. Sweet, cuddly & I think we all agree she looks a lot like her older brother. I'm hoping she has an ounce of toughness in her because Scoobs has yet to demonstrate an ounce of gentleness. Thus far, she seems to be willing to let him continue in the spotlight & is content to take a back seat.

We'll see how long this lasts!

Thanks for all the love, support & well wishes. We feel so very blessed to have this little girl hanging around here.


PS: If you know my kiddos by name, that is probably because I like you. Please don't refer to them by name in your comments. Thanks!

26 comments:

Brooke Colvin said...

Congrats Amy! Girls are so fun. Of course, that's all I know, but oh well. You look too good to have just had a baby by the way. Good luck with everything!!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Congrats! You look great!

Leah said...

She is so beautiful. You did it! Congratulations. I know exactly how you felt. It's scary and not so fun. But it's over now and you look fantastic. Get some rest. Can't wait to meet her in person.

Ashlee said...

Hooray! I hope all went well! :)

Stephens Family said...

Okay okay, Amy...you are making me more and more baby hungry everytime I read your blog. Oh, she is adorable! Congrats and the little man is going to be such a great big bro. : ) I would love to see her in person...let me know (in many weeks I am sure) when you are up for a visitor. Maybe Dylan and Scoobs can get crazy together and I can get my baby fix. : ) Congrats!

The Layman Family said...

oh I'm so happy she's here healthy and happy! She is BEAUTFIUL! congrats.

Summers Camp said...

Absolutely adorable! Congratulations to the three of you :) Glad all is well. *B

Alyssa said...

She is precious. What a cute family you guys have. Glad everything went ok. See you soon.

Jason, Carrie, and Aiden said...

Congrats to you all! Everyone looks fantastic and she is so beautiful!

Amanda said...

congratulations! I've not had a c-section (or surgery at all for that matter), but no matter how you birth you're still giving yourself pep talks to get through it!

Natalie said...

she is darling! congrats, and good luck girl!

Sandi said...

Hey, that is awesome. I never saw anyone look so good coming out of delivery. You rock.

Karen said...

Congrats Amy, I am so happy for you guys. She is so cute and I am glad everything went well. I know how good it feels to out of the operating room.

Debbie said...

Love you Ames....she is a doll!

brooke c jackson said...

she is so, so beautiful..

once again, CONGRATS!

i probably should meet her.. soon :)

Cam and Afton said...

Yea! She is so cute! How are you feeling? I wish we could meet her....in fact I still believe we have yet to meet the scoobs! Congrats! She looks adrobale!

Lynsey said...

Congrats, she is beautiful!! Im glad everything went well, can't wait to see more pictures. Take care

Our wild zoo! said...

So excited for you all!! Let us know when your old neighborhood girls can drop by with a warm meal :)

JonesFamily said...

Congrats Amy she is a beauty and so lucky to be in such a great family =)

April-Benjamin said...

Loved the c-section head dialogue- I feel the same way each time. You look way too awesome to have just had a darling little girl.

kennan said...

she is gorge. is it awkward that i love it your blog?

Shawn and Krystal said...

Congrats! We're glad to hear that everything went well! You look great and your new baby girl is beautiful!

The Faller's! said...

CONGRATS!!! Family of 4 is great..especially having one of each! She is a doll! Hope you are feeling good, adjusting well, and having fun!

bryn said...

Wahoo! congrats, she is just beautiful. and congrats on getting through that c-sec. not fun, not fun at all!

Aaron and Kalle said...

Congradulations Scot and Amy! She is so precious. What a special oppertunity for your new foursome.

Becky said...

You look great in that pic of you in surgery!! Congrats. She's a cutie pie and you should know it's so much harder going from 1-2 kids than from 2-3!! I felt the same way after I had Jack. It was a long recovery. Nap when you can. I'd be happy to have Scoobs come play anytime!! Or if you need to talk let me know....