I can't believe I'm sharing this...well actually I can, because it is funny.
While I was worried on my last post about keeping an eye on two of them...I should have just been worried about keeping an eye on one while on the verge of popping.
Today after swim lessons I jumped in for a dip. I was enjoying sitting in my chair afterward while chatting with my mom, sister, SIL & little brother. Nice & wet & most importantly cool.
Scoobs was inching his way around the pool...doing his monkey walks.
My sister pointed out how far away he was.
I agreed, but assured her, I was keeping watch, which I was.
When he let go.
No step in sight.
His 3 year-old cousin next to him...completely oblivious.
He reaches for the edge.
Misses.
Reaches again.
Miss.
A few more reaches.
I jump from my chair.
Dropping my towel that was keeping my bathing suit clad self covered.
Run.
He reaches again.
Miss.
Still running.
Then jump.
Into the pool.
To grab him.
Only to come up & hear my mom, sister, SIL & little brother laughing their guts out.
I suppose it was quite a sight.
Go ahead. Visualize. Laugh. I'm sure it was completely awesome.
PS: If you know my kiddos by name, that is probably because I like you. Please don't refer to them by name in your comments. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I witnessed. . . my first reaction was to burst out laughing, which I did. But no one laughed right away because they wanted to make sure you were okay. I guess I'm not that compassionate. Thankfully, I was joined by the other uncompassionate people a split second later.
But seriously, there was just something funny about seeing a woman, nine months prego, run across a wet pool deck and leap (pretty high I might add), one leg in front of the other, into the pool.
And for the record. . . Scoobs wasn't anywhere near drowning. He would have grabbed the edge but I'm glad you were anxious to save him because it was a freakin' riot!!!
I'm glad you can laugh at yourself too. I guess you wouldn't be able to cut it in this family unless you can do that.
Good luck tomorrow!
Okay-as another witness that was freaking hilarious! It totally made my day. Did you long jump in high school track? You seriously got some distance and AIR in that jump. I totally was afraid you were going to slip on the wet bricks! I forgot to tell Ry about this last night. I am going to go call him right now! He would be proud of your rescue attempt! He! He!
You are so cute, they laughed because they are just jealous
sorry, I totally laughed out loud. glad your belly will be smaller next time you attempt to save a life!
HOping for some baby pictures. Congratulations on today!!! Yo Mama no mo.
had to peek and see if there was pictures yet :) Been thinking of you and I'm excited to drop a meal and a gift off for this little girl! Hope you're on the mend and all is well.
Post a Comment