Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another 90-Day Supply Meal

This recipe is based off of one we eat ALL the time. It is delish & so easy to make with the bottled chicken. Have you tried bottling your chicken yet? If not, you need to! It makes dinner time a snap!

So the recipe is for Black Bean Burritos. It is one I got from my sister years ago & I think she got it from Cooking Light. Regardless, it is yummy & should be added to your regular meal rotation anyway! For the 90-Day version I am removing the tortilla portion {as I haven't figured out how to store those yet, nor have I tried my homemade recipe yet} and putting the burrito mixture over rice.

Black Bean Burritos
1 pint canned chicken {I think the recipe really calls for 3 C, but I put it in terms of my food storage stash}
1/2 C onion
3 garlic cloves {these will probably get skipped, or I will use some garlic powder to help}
1/3 C barbecue sauce {I use Sweet Baby Ray's...it's the best!}
1 - 15 oz can black beans
1/2 C cheese {Wendy DeWitt talked about a place you can order real cheese online...need to research}
1/4 C sour cream {this will probably be omitted, sadly}

The rice recipe is as follows:
1 C rice
1 - 11 oz can beef consommé
1 soup can of water (11 oz)

2 comments:

Amberly said...

thank you. keep 'em coming!

Natalie said...

yummm....canned chicken! I'm trying not to barf! In all actuality, I read your mom's blog about her canned chicken a long time ago, and she swore it was SO good. I DO believe you guys, but it's still hard to swallow.

Regardless of the yucky process it might be....it is still on my list of things to do for my food supply. I just hope I'm not prego when I finally get around to canning some. GAG!