Until recently...as in January when we moved into our new house I've never had to worry about babysitters. We moved in with my parents when the Scoobs was 5 months old & lived there for 18 months & thus between myself, Scot, both my parents & my little brother there were a plethora of babysitters in the house {5 to be exact}. I rarely had to use one while we lived there & in the event I did...Scot & I taught the 13-year-old Sunday School class. Never an issue.
Now that we've decided to be grown ups & have our own house finding a babysitter you like is like sweet nectar to the soul.
Today when I realized I was going to need a few more babysitters this weekend than planned I was bummed. I don't like leaving the Scoobs with people I don't know well. He cries & I feel bad. Then I worry about him while I'm gone...not enough to make me stay home, but you know...
So today I decided to give my little brother a shot. I figured I had plenty of times to fill, surely he could do one of them & then he could choose what worked best for him. This way, I'd feel like I was using one less babysitter...as Kevin sure doesn't feel like a babysitter.
Reasons I love having him babysit...he knows the routine. The Scoobs likes him & refers to him as "Kev-Dawg." I know he won't feed him a ton of junk. Or keep him up late. Or leave a huge mess. And oh yes, he's free {although I have promised my children's future servitude in babysitting his kids}.
Reasons I hate calling him to babysit...he's 16 next month & I know babysitting is NOT on his list of things to do.
Reasons I love calling him...he is always willing.
Thanks Kev for saving the day. Really. It is awesome & majorly appreciated.
PS: If you know my kiddos by name, that is probably because I like you. Please don't refer to them by name in your comments. Thanks!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment