Moments where I realize these are the days I looked forward to my whole life. These are the days I will forever cherish. These are the days of babies and skinned knees. These are the days of lullabies & just one more story. These are the days when mom is best & kisses heal all ailments. These are the days I never want to forget, or be too busy, or too distracted, or too tired. They are the days dreams are made of.
This is what morning looks like from my bedroom door. And while mundane, it is priceless. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see her regain her independence after her fall. Since the day I decided to 'let her go' she has blossomed. I have yet to breathe as every corner seems to hold her next fall & the last is still too fresh, but she, she has shown no fear or hesitation. She is completely confident in her abilities & continues to amaze me. She is all over the place & while it is everything for me not to keep following her around, it is awesome to see her so darn proud of herself & her navigating skills. More & more she is reminding me of this guy...
smart. handsome. coordinated. and downright funny. After swim lessons he was racing down the street to catch up to Lucy & it struck me that he is now one of the 'big kids.' He doesn't need me to tell him where to go or hold his hand. And while I love his independence it breaks a little piece of my heart.
1 comment:
He's doing awesome hanging with the big kids. Can't wait for some warm swimming weather.
Post a Comment