Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mamacita...I love you.

I've written many posts about my mom before & I think it has all been said before...she's the best. Does every daughter think this of their mothers, or am I just lucky?

I come from a long line of fabulous mothers...

but these two are probably the ones that have had the most influence in my life. The thing I admire about them most is their ability to create strong family relationships. I've learned this is a very unique talent that requires much thought & hard work...and these two have got it down! Growing up with my grandma it was family reunions at Bear Lake & homemade ice cream on the patio. With my mom it is family reunions at Newport & grilling by the pool...whatever the activity, they have the knack for pulling it off & I appreciate all the lessons over the years.

This past year I had the opportunity to travel quite a bit with my mom & I've decided she might be top on my list of people to travel with {hehe sorry Scot!}. Why?

Because when she sees a sign like this...she really does stop...and then make someone take her picture. Can you see the enthusiasm written all over my face?

She also knows how to relax & soak up the sun...really we are both quite good at this. Can I get a Diet Coke & some chips & dip please?

But she can also settle in with a good book.

However...there are a few things to beware of when traveling with my mother...

she will make you stop at every quilt store along the way.Montana...

Hawaii...
and she'll even drag my dad & brother along for the fun as well in Salt Lake. Please be prepared to "ooh & ahh" at the appropriate items & never ever rush her.

Mom...if friends were flowers, I'd pick you!

Another hazard is her need to take a gajillion pictures of whatever it is we are doing...
like this for example...we couldn't take the picture until she had picked up her sandwich to showcase in the photo. And since I laughed she told me that I was thus banned from using the picture ever for anything...oops.

And while I make light...really I love all those little things about her. She's always ready in a pinch...whether it is booking a last minute flight to hang with me in Hawaii...
or getting down & dirty unpacking boxes. She is always fun to be around.And I'm so glad she's the one I get to call mother.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Love her too. Even though we get left in the dust on all the trips. What's up with that?!?!?

Debbie said...

Awwww Ames. That was sooo sweet! Those are some fun memories. The travel bug may cease...what do you want kids for anyways?

Dallas and Krista said...

Just so you know... you are lucky- They are not all quite like that :) I love that little lady- she's a hoot!