Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day...

Started out with a bang...and ended with a thud.
Can you tell Scoobs enjoyed his dessert?

Scot passed all Mother's Day "tests" of sorts...made breakfast, found the perfect gift {which was a result of a phone call to my mom...can't go wrong there}, and tended to most of the kid duties.

While I feel like going to church...the missus is still too small {not even 2 weeks yet!}. So her & I stayed home and...well, did nothing, which was nice, while the boys headed off to church.

Upon their return, we did lunch & Scoobs was headed for a nap, which resulted in an entire house of nappers. Ahh...I love that she still sleeps all day.

After that, we were headed up to my parent's for our annual steak dinner prepared by my dad. It was about this time I started to not feel well. In fact I think I was crying en route to my parent's.

Had a mini breakdown to my mom...and tried to convince myself, I was not in fact getting sick. No. No. It was just not going to happen.

Made it through dinner...ate very little. Drank lots of Sprite.

Came home.

Did bedtime.

Fell asleep.

Woke up.

Threw up.

Spent 24 hours sicker than I can ever remember being sick. Really...it was that bad.

Happy the 24 hours are over & glad it was only 24 hours.

So happy that today we had our first outing to Target & we all made it home alive & well.

Phew.


5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Your Hubby did great ant church with Scoobs BTW. Your little lady is adorable! I love her hair! And my husband got a 24 hour bug too. That stinks! Glad to hear your doing better. Yes, I'm still hanging in there. Nothing yet. You'll hear news soon!

Julie said...

Sorry you were sick!! What did Scot give you?

Amberly said...

good grief, what did scot make you for breakfast? no more of that! glad you're feeling better.

Cari said...

I LOVE that close up picture! She is soooo adorable! I need to send you something pink and cute for her! I will soon- yea right! Life is so busy! You look great! Glad you got one of each they are so fun and different from each other you'll find out! My friend is headed out soon week of June 1st. Look her up!

Sandi said...

Pucking and stitches, not a good combination.