
We are home. Our favorite week of the year has come to a close. I have to say this week was probably one of the more fun Newport trips we've had. The weather was fantastic & the kids were great! Sunny 80% of the time. Perfect for beaching it, which is really all we do besides eat donuts, drink Diet Coke & then eat more treats. The waves were dismal though until Friday. I was a bit sad about this, but it was fine for Zack & really it's not about me anymore, right?
On Thursday Scot & I had given up on waiting for the waves to get better because really we're only there for a week & that is better than it will be for the rest of the year. His friend Bones came up & they paddled out for the morning with Kevin & Beau & then when Zack went down that afternoon we all paddled out for some Dueling Dragons. Sound lame? That's because it is. Dueling Dragons is a little Boyer game we came up with last year when the waves are small. Scot being a "local" was totally opposed to this game at first because it is supposedly a "touristy" thing to do. Which I fully agree, but it's still fun. So the point is to get as many people on one wave to battle it out -- no biting, no eye gouging & in Jule's case, no tickling. That afternoon we had 12 people in the water playing -- it was a total blast! I've decided Bones has cemented himself as a "true" friend in that he hung up his surfboard & "local" status in order to play with us. I was glad he joined us because he's the only one that can really give Scot a run for his money.

Scot on the itty bitty waves Thursday morning -- this was the "serious" paddle out.

Scot & Bones

Our last day to play -- Friday afternoon. The waves totally picked up on Friday & thus there was no Dueling Dragons going on...just all of us in the water for some good rides. Do you like my new pink board?

Prior to the above picture this is what was going on...Kev & Beau trying to throw me in the water. They were ready to paddle out & paddle out NOW...I wanted 5 more minutes with my book. I, of course, talked my way out of being thrown in. Friday was a cold day (thus the jacket) and I did NOT want to be in that water without my wet suit. No way. No how. But they were right...it was our last day, I should have been in the water sooner as opposed to later. I'm glad these boys were around to play with, Kev especially. They are fun. They can always get something fun going on. This year it was water balloons & a water balloon launcher -- I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

All the little girls got going on the foam as well! So cute. They busted out some of Kevin's old wetsuits too & were wearing them.

Zack knew exactly where to find the treats & he'd take as many as he could get. At one point he was dipping them into my brown drink & then sucking them. Too funny.

We did leave the beach occasionally -- to grab dinner at Pei Wei. This is me with my bro & sis.

And we had to do a carousel ride at Fashion Island -- Zack did NOT want to get off this thing.

Back to the beach & more fun. We spent lots of time skim boarding & Kev & Beau got pretty good...

Playing in the waves. Friday morning was a little chilly, thus the jacket, which lasted about 10 minutes until Z was head first into the water.

More donuts...with sprinkles this time. Yum!

Water gun fights too. The girl in the bikini was a new friend. I'm sure she was thrilled to have 4 new playmates!

Lots of bike rides too! We have to work off all those treats somewhere!
Until next year...
3 comments:
ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!! How fun!! I wish I could have a fun long week at the beach! I loved living vicariously threw you!!
How fun. It sounds like you had a great trip. I really want to do that someday, just spend a week or so on the beach.
What a fun trip. Looks like you guys had a blast. Gotta love Cali!
Post a Comment