Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ready...Set...


Well almost ready.

Last week my mom, sister & sister-in-law threw me an elaborate shower that was super fun. What started out as an "just invite some of your friends over" turned into an evening of sweetness! Why was I not surprised? No party is ever low key or run of the mill with my mother involved. Remember my bridal shower?

Probably not. That was before blogs were cool. But let me just tell you if I wasn't so fat with swollen feet I'd find the pictures {that was before digital cameras too}. My sister got this crazy idea that it should have a chinese theme, which might sound a bit weird. But this chinese theme came with handmade china fans for invites...that had to be hand delivered because they were not mail-able as well has hand made fortune cookies that were dipped in chocolate & contained personalized fortunes inside for favors...and those were just the invites & favors.

So I suppose using that as our meter stick...this shower was low key.
The hostess with the mostess...as one friend put it best: I'm a spoiled brat. And I must admit, with my parents, my mom especially, it's true. They're the best.

LinkThis was one of three tables. Seriously...the flower cookies were they only thing store bought & frankly, you can't ever make a sugar cookie better than AJ's...speaking of which, I want one now. And once Scot reads this he will be upset that I didn't bring him one home {I failed to mention they were there for this reason}, but there were none to be had by the end. Sorry babe.

One picture of note...this is me with 3 of my friends from high school standing in gestational order. Funny huh? And yes, I'm aware that there is a torpedo jutting out of my front, but wasn't totally aware until I uploaded this picture. My jaw about hit the floor. No wonder I get comments like, "yo momma."

My mom has all the other noteworthy pictures as I was too busy opening gifts & enjoying myself to photograph the event. But never worry...Deb took care of that too.

To everyone involved...Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Since then I've been washing, wiping, vacuuming & cleaning & am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel as well as a sore back & even more swollen tootsies.

But now at least she has a place to land & some clothes to call her own.
So...until her arrival we'll continue to spend our evenings like this...
& enjoy sleeping through the night.

I love spring time evenings and in case you were wondering...I love that kiddo too. He's a crack up. This week, I've found him in the swing, infant car seat & bouncer. Think he'll have some adjusting to do? Maybe just a tad.

PS: If you know my kiddos by name, that is probably because I like you. Please don't refer to them by name in your comments. Thanks!

9 comments:

Karen said...

How fun, I am glad you had a good time at your shower and I love the room. Good luck with everything.

Debbie said...

Ahhhh such a "sweet" little post. I am seriously excited to see the new little one....and her name is????
I am waiting.........you know my favorite..........!
Big brother will love her tons! You wait and see!

Julie said...

Those were really fun pictures. I love the high school friends. Seeing all the diapers lined up, the clothes perfectly folded. . . ahhh, it makes even ME excited to have a baby. And I don't even want to have a baby right now.

Plus, I think you should give us a picture of her room and drawers about 3 weeks after she's born. If its like my house, the diapers will be thrown across the room, the drawer will be empty because the clothes are sitting waiting to be folded, and there will be miscellaneous burp clothes laying in every nook and cranny.

But, seriously, the room looks great and I'm amazed at your level of preparedness.

wilkinson family said...

Wow, your mom, Linds, and Julie definitely know how to throw a shower!! You guys are all so talented and creative. The little angels room looks so cute, good luck this week.

Jason, Carrie, and Aiden said...

Everything looked great...Good luck with the arrival of your new little one!

Ashlee said...

love it!! And what is it about that diaper picture that makes us want to have babies?

Our wild zoo! said...

Amy, I loved catching up on your blog! Her room looks SOOO adorable-as I had already heard from April :) Uh...just wondering if you saw me running down the sidewalk after you left??? I wanted to give you the shower gift I had sitting in the living room for you. Blame it on my postpartum exhaustion, I've been in a fog. You, on the otherhand, are looking FAB=for real!! And I was so sad I couldn't make the shower. For the record, you are NOT spoiled- you're blessed and loved. And so is your baby girl, I'm so glad you had such a gorgeous shower-you deserve every ounce of it. I'll be waiting for that photo/email this week!! I am so excited.

Becky said...

hey. I am getting caught up on your blog. You've been up to some fun things. I'm glad you're doing well. Your pregnancy went fast (for me..haha!!..I know you're not laughing right now). I love your nursery...totally awesome! And I wanted to tell you- I had unterine fibroids too..and had them removed in between babies #2 and #3. I am so sorry. I totally get your worry. But I thought it was funny we had that in common. Fibroids stink...so few options for women! Good luck with your delivery.

JonesFamily said...

I love it all! Seeing her room just makes me smile, so sweet.