When talking to a very pregnant woman, sometimes words get muddled & mistaken. Here's a quick run down of comments I have personally received over the last month. Don't worry...none of these comments actually offended me, but have instead provided some great & entertaining pillow talk between Scot & I.
You decide...What to say? What not to say?
I received the quip "Dude, you look like you are going to pop!" when walking down the hall at church. I would classify this as a not...unless of course you are classified as that person's friend & in fact it does look like she is going to pop. Thankfully, this person qualified as a friend...and let's face it, I did/do look like I am going to pop. So I suppose if the shoe fits...wear it.
When I was leaving Target this week the UPS driver was walking out the door the same time as me. He started his comments by indicating, he was aware I "must be due any day" and then continued to tell me about his wife who was pregnant through the entire summer & how miserable it was. "Because, you know," as he explained, "it's like having a little furnace tacked to your front that you can't ever take off." Really? Tell me about it buddy.
"Holy Cow! You're huge! If I were you I would have to stare at myself naked all day long." Gee thanks. This winner came from my little brother's friend, who is part of the family. Good thing it wasn't some perverted stranger.
If you thought it couldn't get any better...let me just tell you. I saved the best for last. Just yesterday I was at Macy's walking through the perfume/shoe section & frankly, I am sure my walk looked more like a waddle. As I was approaching the exit, I passed by an older gentleman 55-60ish in age who worked there. You know what his comment to me was?
Brace yourself.
No really. Brace yourself.
He said, "Yo Momma." yes, you read that right a 55-60 year old male employee at Macy's in a shirt & tie commented, "Yo Momma" to me. What in the world am I even supposed to do with that? I think I laughed out loud & threw in an accompanying roll of the eyes & head shake. I mean, who even says, "Yo Momma" anymore? Who ever said it to begin with? Did white males 55-60 in age ever say that? Was it ever acceptable for white people to say? Oh man...I could go on & on. Classic.
Amongst all the funny & weird comments & gestures I've also received all the nice & lovey ones too...those just aren't nearly as fun to recount & remember.
And next time I see you pregnant...watch out because I might just greet you, "yo momma."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
When I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with Kory, I had a total stranger at a restaurant one day ask me, "How many babies do you have in there??" And at 5 months along with Beth, peopled asked how far overdue I was, so yeah, I understand. (And I was even bigger with Adam!!)
The best thing is is that most of those comments were made my men. People who will never, ever know what being 9 months pregnant feels like, no matter how much their wife complained of the furnace strapped to their front. Unbelievable!
Nice! I have 8 weeks left and I bet Im already bigger than you! When is your due date by the way?
Wow, that is hilarious. Yo Momma. I haven't heard that in a long time. Good thing you are an adorable prego chica. I bet you are the poster child for a Yo Momma. :)
Post a Comment