Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is That Summer I Hear?

Today it was 80 degrees & sunny. Zack donned shorts for the first time & if my legs weren't so white I'd probably have joined him. Yesterday I had to turn the A/C on in my car. Summer is definitely calling my name & while all these statements conjure up happy summer feelings there is also the flip side. As in sweat dripping down my back & toes burning on the concrete! All in all though, I LOVE summer & I can't wait to get my toes in the pool. Zack and I stayed home all day today & played outside. We ate lunch on the patio & dug in the dirt. We played a version of soccer & took a walk. Whether or not he enjoyed himself, I did and for now, that is great!
Zack is now a walking maniac! He is all over the place & is so proud of himself. He will walk somewhere & then turn & look at me like "hey mom, check me out!" It is funny...he's a ham that's for sure.

5 comments:

The Malone's said...

If it wasn't for days like these, when else can we work on our tans?

Karen said...

I am glad you had a great day. Zack looks so big we will have to hang out soon. Any word on the house you liked?

Chante said...

Funny because I wanted to play outside yesterday too and so I went to the park...we need to get together and play! When it gets even warmer you better invite us over to swim! Oh wait, it isn't your house!!!! j/k I'm jealous, though, that you don't have to worry about cleaning every inch of your house. I had to cut my day short yesterday because I knew I had to clean, clean, clean...never ending. I just want to forget it all and play, play, play! Someday......:)

Teagan said...

I can't wait to get in the pool too. I love it when I can have my house windows open...and just smell the fresh air. LOVE IT!
and as for the white legs... this past weekend I broke out the sunless tan bottle( http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P53162&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=2082 ) I love this stuff.

The Bates said...

He is so precious! Did you guys end up having the play date?