Yesterday my mom & I played a cruel, but hilarious trick on my little brother. When he got home from track my mom sulked off to her room. That left just me & Kev in the kitchen. As he prepared his typical after-school snack of a BOWL of milk & cookies I began our lie. I told Kevin I wanted to give him a "heads-up" on a situation that I thought he should be aware of. My parent's had met with their financial advisors on Friday (which is true) and that in order for dad to be able to retire in the next 10 years, they were going to need to sell the house & downsize & really start saving. Kevin gave me a quizzical look, like I was crazy. I managed to hold my laughter while doodling on a piece of paper & laid it on a bit thicker. I told him that the market & economy were super bad right now and they were probably going to move by the end of the month & buy an Ashton Woods house where our bro-in-law works...he is able to get my parent's a great deal on a house in Gilbert. Now the panic really started to set in for Kevin. For those of you who don't know my parent's live in the best ward for Kevin...there are seriously 30 boys within 1 year of his age...all within walking distance & they are all great friends. I can see him starting to add it up in his mind when he finally says, "So if we're living in Gilbert, that means I won't go to Mountain View next year?" I sealed the deal when I told him that was right. He immediately banged the counter & said, "This sucks!" and then kind of moped off to eat his snack. I could hardly bear to keep my laughter in any longer...it was just too much. So I quickly ran back to my mom's room & we about died laughing!!! I told my mom we had to go & tell him it's a joke. She wanted to wait until late last night, but I insisted we tell him right away...he was really taking it seriously & he had to go to ASU for wrestling practice in 15 minutes. That would have been horrible!!! So we prance out & yell, "April Fools!" only find him on the verge of tears!!! So sad...but so funny all at the same time!
Gotcha Kevin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
poor Kev...I remember Lindsey and I telling him he had to go to work on a Saturday when he was about 5 yrs old. He got so mad at us. Still taking the jokes 10 yrs later,what a good sport!!You two are hilarious!
HA! That's funny! your little family is so cute! I just love your blog!! And those cards are just AWESOME!! Oh and your sis's photography is really amazing too. I would love to get together and shoot with her sometime. Thanks for thinking of us today....I am so glad we can keep in better touch now!!
Linds told me about this. I forgot to let Ryan know. Hilarious. I heard he wasn't too excited about her neighborhood. Like its the slums or something. Great idea! How can we top it next year!
Aw poor kevin... thats hilarious though! Thats crazy that hes gonna be in high school!! I still picture him sitting at the counter eating his bowl of cereal before he goes to bed. They grow up too fast Im tellin ya. haha. You guys are too funny.
hey girl-so I am commenting about your post asking about washing your hair everyday.
By doing so you are telling your body to produce oil-it may take awhile but by not washing your hair everyday you are telling your body that you don't need the much oil-so to speak- and then you will see that your hair wont be so oily.
AWESOME TIP- on the second day hair (or 3rd or 4th...) flip your hair upside down and rub baby powder in your hands then in your scalp/hair. It works awesome-oh how that saved me all threw my growing up years. (i miss being a blond)
Post a Comment