Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Man of the House.

Today is Scot's big day & I wish I had a picture of some grandiose, fabulous gift I got him, but I don't. Scot has decided that he wants to get a new bike, which I suppose is grandiose & fabulous. He & the other men in my family have been quite taken with the idea road biking & mountain biking & seeing as how his current bike is non-existent...he's getting a new one. So just picture it in your head for me.

A few things I love about Scot on his birthday...

~ He is oh-so-practical, but sometimes, just sometimes, I can get him to be frivolous. As lame as this is, I love that he is so practical...cause then I don't have to be!
~ He loves to travel...really loves to & he is great to travel with. He will make all the arrangements, book the flights, hotel, rental car, etc, etc. Zack & I just have to show up. When we drive to California, he even drives the whole way. Before we were married, I might have pretended that I would drive...I think I at least stayed awake the whole time, but once we said "i do" I was conked in the passenger seat!

~ He does laundry & takes out the garbage without being asked...now if I could just get the clothes to put themselves in the drawer...we'd be set!
~ He is a fantastic dad...he probably cares about a lot more than most dads & for that I am grateful.

~ He values my opinion (which is sometimes a strong one) & listens to my ideas.

~ When he comes home from work he jumps right in with what is going on -- fixing dinner, playing with Zack, bath time...whatever it is. I love that I can check out for 15 minutes when he gets home & re-gather my sanity!
~ He is not only supportive of all my projects & ideas...which there are sometimes a lot of, but also helpful in getting them completed!

~ He loves to go on Sonic runs while we are out running errands...so glad I don't have to convince him!
~ He loves having a party as much as I do...okay, maybe not as much, but close.

~ He is meticulous at keeping track of everything. I could ask him about a sock I lost 2 years ago & he'd be able to say, "oh yes, I picked that up for you & it is in this drawer here."

~ He is a good example & teacher for Zack. I have to give Scot all credit for teaching Zack how to fold his arms during prayers & to say "amen" at the end. He works with him every night on it & now Zack is a pro. Scot is now teaching him to say, "love you" when he puts him to bed. Can't wait for Zack to pick that one up!

Thanks for all you do Scot to keep our lives running smoothly -- we are all so grateful to be having so much fun along the way! Love you & Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

Amberly said...

you've got yourself a winner. happy birthday mr. scot

Julie said...

Happy birthday Scot! Enjoy the last of your 20's!!!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! I love having Scot around...he is my fix it man... my computer man, my dish man (washing that is) and my Sonic Friend. He fits right in with our Fam! We love you Scot!

Kara Pothier said...

Send our happy birthday wishes to the man of the hour!

Sandi said...

And he takes a darn cute picture too.

Becky said...

What a great guy you have Amy...he's a keeper.