Friday, February 8, 2008

Tagged...A Trip Down Memory Lane


What is his name? Scot Jacob Gregory

How long have we been together? Married for almost 4 years...together, I don't know...5?

How long did we date? We met in January, started dating in April, were engaged in November & married the following April

How old is he? 28

Who eats more? Depends...chips & salsa? Definitely me. Sweets? Probably Scot. Some mornings he just starts with a cookie. (okay that is rare, but I still think it's funny)

Who said I love you first? Definitely Scot. There was no way I'd say it first...that is a man's job. He said it on the beach over summer...ahh, how romantic.

Who is taller? Okay really? Scot is. It's not difficult to be taller than me...I am only 5'0"...Scot is 5'8".

Who can sing better? Neither of us are great singers, but I at least can read music to know when I am supposed to sing. I love when Scot keeps on singing during a "female only" part in church...it always cracks me up!

Who is smarter? I like to think I am a smarty pants & when it comes to some things I've definitely got Scot beat...but for the most part Scot is smarter...at least on the more important things. My domain of "smartness" usually is in the realm of what matches and baby stuff...which I suppose is important as well. So I guess we are a good balance.

Who does the laundry? Scot will try to say this one is a 50/50 split, however, it's not. I do way more laundry, BUT Scot definitely helps, which is more than any other man in my family does, so for that I am grateful!

Who pays the bills? Oh no question...Scot. Don't even have a clue. He does always try to include me...I just choose to let him do it.

Who sleeps on the right side? Laying in bed, Scot is to my right...always.

Who mows the lawn? Mostly Scot. Although I actually love to mow the lawn. I find it relaxing & I love to be outside. I don't think Scot likes the neighbors to see me mowing the lawn though. At our old house if our neighbor saw me mowing or edging, he'd always come over & try to help me or do it for me. How sweet is that?

Who cooks dinner? This one is definitely me. I love to cook, especially when I have an uninterrupted block of time. Scot is always willing to help & critique. He usually likes what I make so long as the onions are pulvarized or just not included & I've noticed he likes 3 things on his plate...one being a green veggie...corn or potatoes don't count.

Who drives? Scot. I'm more than willing to let him do this.

Who kissed who first? Scot kissed me...on my parent's driveway. I had come in to get something & then he was going to go home & I was going to stay the night watching some kids. When I came in, my mom was grilling me about whether or not I had kissed him. At that point it was easy to tell the truth & say no...knowing full well I was going to walk out the door & kiss him. funny.

Who is more stubborn? At one point I would have said me...like when we were dating, I was probably the more stubborn one. But now I think Scot has the edge on me. We both have our moments but for the most part try not to be stubborn about stupid things. It really just gets in the way of our relationship.
Who asked who out first? Once again, Scot. For anyone who knows Scot you'll love this. He asked me to a Coyotes Hockey Game with some free tickets he got from school. A little cheap? Definitely. I thought it was funny & little did he know what he was getting himself into. He didn't know where the arena was or where to park because he had just moved here. Lucky for him I was well versed in this area. He didn't know anything about hockey & I remember having to explain a few things to him...I gave him the comparison to soccer & I don't think that helped much. I remember thinking that was so odd. But it was the first time I had been on a first date & felt completely comfortable with the other person.

After that we didn't date too much for a couple months. I was interested in Scot, he still had a girlfriend in San Diego (which by the way I did manage to sneak a peek at some pics & she was cute...) Anyway, after a while I figured it probably wasn't going to work out & then he started calling me...we finally got onto the same page.

Who proposed? Ummm, most definitely Scot. He was nervous & I was oblivious. Really. He asked & I just didn't say anything. I was actually thinking about where he must of had the ring all day...so as he was waiting for an answering I was re-tracing the day to see if he had ever left to get the ring. He had it in his pocket the whole time.


Who has more friends? In AZ - me. In CA - Scot.

Who is more sensitive? Me...most definitely.

Who has more siblings? Scot - he's the oldest of 5, I'm the 3rd of 4.

Who wears the pants? Behind closed doors? Scot. I hate to admit it, but it's true. Although he does let me save face & act like I wear the pants!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

This was totally fun to read Amy- it's nice to have a little glimpse into your relationship. You and Scot made a good team, it was a nice move him asking you to that cheap-o hockey game!

Becky said...

Loved this! You guys are a fun couple :)

Caralee said...

That was really fun. Thanks for sharing!