Monday, February 18, 2008
Visitors Visitors Visitors
I am behind on my blog. Yes, shocking, but true. Last weekend my grandma came to town with my Aunt Carrie. It was so much fun to visit! We went to lunch, shopping & movies. Needless to say I was wiped out by the end of the week. Too much fun!

On Saturday afternoon my brother & sister came over with their families & we had a yummy lunch of pork tacos (our new fave recipe) and enjoyed the outside weather. Can I just say I absolutely love this time of year! It is heavenly. All the kids loved playing together outside & we even relived our glory days and had a few races...you know the standard 3-legged & bunny sack. What started out as fun for the grandkids, ended up as a die-hard competition for the adults. Kevin & I of course baited my mom & her sister, Carrie into a duel of the 3-legged race and I am embarrassed to say, we got beat! Okay, the first race I think Kev & I won...it was a technicality that did us in...you know had to touch the person's hand as opposed to cross the line. Thus there was a re-match & we did lose that one. It doesn't help that we are all uber-competitive & Kevin was literally dragging me across the finish line as I am on the ground laughing my guts out. That's my problem, I get laughing & it's all over...I suppose Kevin will have to find a new partner! In the meantime, I am cleaning the grass stains off my shirt.
This past weekend Scot's mom was in town. And yes, that is Scot's mom with Zack...she looks like she is 20, I know. It is always great to have her out for a visit. We of course did dinners & shopping. What else? We spent Sunday lounging outside & eating. We got the fire going that night & Ethan was intent on roasting some marshmallows...it was too funny. He kept running into the house to find my mom and would say, "Debbie, quick, get the marshmallows!" I'm sad to say, no marshmallows were roasted, but we all had a good time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun that your fam was able to visit!
PLease share your new favorite recipe!
Post a Comment