I just got home from my second institute class using this manual. A few quick thoughts before Z gets home.
Our lesson/discussion was on the Atonement:
1. Atonement: As used in the scriptures, to atone is to suffer the penalty for an act of sin, thereby removing the effects of sin from the repentant sinners and allowing them to be reconciled with God. (Preach My Gospel Manual) I love the part "removing the effects of sin." I had never stopped long enough to realize the atonement removes the actual effects. This would lead me to believe that it can also remove the effects of our other trials. As we come to the Lord with our shortcomings, whether they be sin, loneliness, illness, grief, etc he can make up the difference so we don't feel the effects. That is powerful & personal.
2. Joseph Smith said, "All things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to the atonement of Jesus Christ." Think about it for a second -- tithing, temples, Primary, baptism they all revolve around the atonement. We pay our tithing with faith, not money.
3. Develop Faith. Repent Often. Baptism. Receive the Holy Ghost. Endure to the end. That is the formula to eternal life.
4. Don't just endure, endure well. -- I can do better on this.
5. 2 Ne 31:20: Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. I love this scripture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love learning through you, thank you for sharing what you're learning about. I also can endure better..
What a great idea to take an Institute class. That is a fantastic way to grow your knowledge of the Gospel. Kudos.
Sounds awesome. . . I'm still okay helping with Zack if you want to keep going. . .
Post a Comment